#4117 - Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2011
      #4117 - Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Here's a mish mash of nonduality, hopefully more mish than mash.

      Before there was Twitter. Before there was Facebook. Before there were moving pictures. Okay, two out of three ain't bad. What there was, was Live Journal. The following is from Guru George's Live Journal:

      Big, big Nonduality jag

      Going through this all again, checking out all the usual suspects on YouTube, etc. (Tony Parsons, Jeff Foster, Roger Linden, Mooji, Sailor Bob, Mark West, John Sherman, etc., etc., etc., as well as a new discovery, the delightful Mandi Solk -  and a rediscovery of John Greven, whose book I really want to read now.)

      Particularly triggering for me recently was coming across the work of another "new kid on the block", Ciaran Healy (website Ruthless Truth).  What I particularly like about his approach is its mixture of Western philosophy (and particularly his respect for Popper) with the more traditional direct pointer (no self).  I think he's a bit controversial because of his use of bluntness, swearing, anger, etc. - his approach might be summed up as "trolling as transmission" :) - but I have no problem with that.  He's also a "man with a mission", but again, I have no problem with that (good luck to "him").  I do think his transmission is very strong, though.  The core idea is something like, "There is no you.  Is this true?  Well, look and see (usually, for him and his cronies, with the trolling addendum "you dumbass @$#*!^!")  You test it in your experience, as a philosophical hypothesis (a la Popper).  I think this is a genuinely new approach and a subtly powerful discovery (and yet also traditional, in that it hearkens back to ancient understandings of "philosophy").

      Looking at it in this way has clicked with me quite strongly.  Not in the sense that it has precipitated liberation just yet, but in the sense that it has enabled me to link up a lot of stuff that wasn't quite gelling in a philosophical sense, from a lot of the usual suspects above (and the many others).  They're all making much more sense in the light of the way Ciaran has put it.  Something about this is calming the mind beast, and that, I'm finding, is good.

      Read the rest of the entry here:

      Give Facebook a break already. Return to your roots. Join the Live Journal Nonduality community, founded in 2001 and with over 600 members. The group is owned by Dustin LindenSmith:

      Seen on Craig's List:

      vancouver, BC craigslist >  vancouver >  personals
      >  men seeking men

      looking for guys in 30/40s into psychology/philosophy /Nonduality/stuff like that
      please send a picture and some other writers of that stuff that you like
      just looking for people interested in that stuff

      StillnessSpeaks offers new video interviews with the popular Scott Kiloby and Jon Bernie, who Adyashanti asked to teach, in anticipation of new DVDs being prepared (see below). We encourage you to  view new, in depth DVDs  with Paul Hedderman, Greg Goode, Jeff Foster and Rupert Spira. including many new free video clips located by clicking here.

      Upcoming Live Events: Francis Lucille and Rupert Spira

      We remind you of two new New York City Events that have been scheduled and are taking registrations.francis lucille

      Francis Lucille has formally openned his upcoming event in New York City on the evening  of January 21st and a full day intensive on  January 22nd, 2011 for registration. More information on the two day Francis Lucille NYC Event is available by clicking here. http://et.ratepoint.com/5aaaccf38b0c19b4730e3ea78277aedb/82c7a07fe534242714b7b532081c0361

      rupert spiraRupert Spira, a former student of Francis Lucille, has announced a group of new meetings and launched a live webcast series from his location in England. Those interested should note that Rupert will be on the West Coast in Colorado and California in February. For more information on all of Rupert's upcoming events and to learn about his new online webcasting from England, please click here. http://et.ratepoint.com/5aaaccf38b0c19b4730e3ea78277aedb/82c7a07fe534242714b7b532081c0361