#4119 - Thursday, December 30, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2010
      #4119 - Thursday, December 30, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.

      _Rumi

      In Sanskrit the word for speech is vac, which means utterance, word, or logos. It
      implies perfect communication, communication which says, "It is so," rather than,
      "I think it is so." "Fire is hot," rather than "I think fire is hot." Fire is hot,
      automatically -- the direct approach. Such communication is true speech, in
      Sanskrit satya, which means "being true." It is dark outside at this time.
      Nobody would disagree with that. Nobody would have to say, "I think it is dark
      outside," or "You must believe it is dark outside." You would just say, "It is
      dark outside." It is just the simple minimum of words we could use. It is true.

      _Chögyam Trungpa
      Adapted from The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
      posted by Rashani Rea to Facebook

      ...sitting here reading all your comments in heavy hibernation mode with a
      lingering cold and a day of tiring cleaning and chores ahead it seems that to the
      eye of love everything is blessed and a blessing: but love, I think, makes no
      claims that this will be easy or effortless but is patiently attentive, continuously
      evolving moment by moment as best she can, working with the conditioned being
      he has been given to work with, and aware of it/his/her limitations and
      unrealized potentiality with wry patience and an undeceived rigorous humour.
      Nor is love afraid to go into the dark and bring our demons to the light of our
      care. All in all I care less and less about the differences in how we all declare
      our myths of love - we are human, myth-makers by nature as evolved...so, divinely
      or otherwise inspired, possessed of such beliefs or given to such and such
      practices, I intend to watch how my hands handle their work today and
      remember that words can also stroke or cut, bruise or comfort, guard, nourish
      and kill. There! My New Year's resolution! Aha! What comes up for me now is:

      "Love begins again and always knows how to begin again, and love, always and in
      all ways, begins by listening."

      _George Jisho Robertson

      on Facebook

      Collage by Rashani Rea
      from Is The Bowl Empty or Is It Filled With Moonlight

      Collage from Welcome To The Feast by Rashani Rea
      Rashani Rea's books are available from her website.

      Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy New Year.
      _Gloria