#4116 - Monday, December 27, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2010

      #4116 - Monday, December 27, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The water of the mind, how clear it is!
      Gazing at it, the boundaries are invisible.
      But as soon as even a slight thought arises,
      ten thousand images crowd it.
      Attach to them, and they become real.
      Be carried by them, and it will be difficult to return.
      How painful to see a person trapped in the ten-fold delusions.

      ~Ryokan

      posted to Facebook by Belle Heywood

      Watch yourself closely and you will see that whatever be the content of
      consciousness, the witnessing of it does not depend on the content. Awareness is
      itself and does not change with the event. The event may be pleasant or
      unpleasant, minor or important, awareness is the same. Take note of the peculiar
      nature of pure awareness, its natural self-identity, without the least trace of
      self-consciousness, and go to the root of it and you will soon realize that
      awareness is your true nature, and nothing you may be aware of, you can call
      your own.

      When the content is viewed without likes and dislikes, the consciousness of it is
      awareness. But still there is a difference between awareness as reflected in
      consciousness and pure awareness beyond consciousness. Reflected awareness,
      the sense "I am aware" is the witness, while pure awareness is the essence of
      reality. Reflection of the sun in a drop of water is a reflection of the sun, no
      doubt, but not the sun itself. Between awareness reflected in consciousness as
      the witness and pure awareness there is a gap, which the mind cannot cross.

      ~Sri Nisargadatta

      posted to Daily Dharma by Dainen Kelley

      The next time you feel extreme anger, anxiety, jealousy, or sadness, just notice
      each thought that is feeding that state. Let each thought fall away quickly, one
      after the other, like flashes of light. Then just rest with the full sensory and
      emotional experience in the body, without placing any agenda on it, without
      trying to think yourself out of it. In that moment, you stop mentally running
      from suffering.

      ~Scott Kiloby

      ~  ~  ~

      Our personal viewpoints (self, other, world, duality) and impersonal viewpoints
      (no self, no other, no world, nonduality), are equal in that they arise and fall,
      leaving no trace. They only leave a trace if we follow one, thinking it is closer to
      truth or closer to our present experience. But nothing can bring us closer to our
      present experience. It's already here, appearing as the present viewpoint.
      ~Scott Kiloby

      posted to Facebook

      Breath is Truth

      Some people practice throughout their entire lives just by paying attention to
      breathing. Everything that is true about anything is true about breath: it's
      impermanent; it arises and it passes away. Yet if you didn't breathe, you would
      become uncomfortable; so then you would take in a big inhalation and feel
      comfortable again. But if you hold onto the breath, it's no longer comfortable, so
      you have to breathe out again. All the time shifting, shifting.

      Sylvia Boorstein

      POEMS by Alan Larus

      Suddenly

      Woke up in a play,
      on a crooked way

      Comedy from start
      Much too big, my part
      And in awe I am too small
      Got a little light, that's all

      Life's impossible to swallow
      Like a closed door,
      what may follow?
      A coming oh so handily,
       transformation of the alchemy.

      I am the way and the truth and the life.
      No one comes to the Father except through me.

      In life to realise

      At the end of winding road,
      such a gift you gave to me
      Tumbling down the mighty load,