#4101- Saturday, December 11, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4101, Saturday, December 11, 2010

      Let yourself be made new
      by your willingness to
      drop everything you know,
      and float in the
      Unknown sea of the Heart.

      - Jeannie Zandi

      Enlightenment is like nothing
      you may have imagined or expected.

      We're all earnestly seeking and hoping
      to find something other than this
      when, in reality, Realization is
      a rediscovery and
      a full, open-hearted acceptance
      of This - exactly as it is.

      - Metta Zetty

      If we meet this world unprotected, our heart gets broken over and over and over. This is actually a gift. You let the world touch you, it shatters you open, and it shatters you open, and it shatters you open. And here you are, shining. After our heart is broken open a thousand times and all of the contents emptied out, there's just this shining left.

      - Jeannie Zandi

      When my second marriage fell apart, I tasted the rawness of grief, the utter groundlessness of sorrow, and all the protective shields I had always managed to keep in place fell to pieces. To my surprise, along with the pain, I also felt an uncontrived tenderness for other people.

      I remember the complete openness and gentleness I felt for those I met briefly in the post office or at the grocery store. I found myself approaching the people I encountered as just like me - fully alive, fully capable of meanness and kindness, of stumbling and falling down, and of standing up again. I'd never before experienced that much intimacy with unknown people. I could look into the eyes of store clerks and car mechanics, beggars and children, and feel our sameness. Somehow when my heart broke, the qualities of natural warmth, qualities like kindness and empathy and appreciation, just spontaneously emerged.

      - Pema Chodron, Shambala Sun, posted to allspirit

      At the end of a crazy-moon night
      the love of God rose.
      I said, "It's me, Lalla."

      The Beloved woke. We became That,
      and the lake is crystal-clear.

      - Lalla

      Love came and emptied me of self,
      every vein and every pore,
      made into a container to be filled by the Beloved.
      Of me, only a name is left,
      the rest is You my Friend, my Beloved.

      - Abu-Said Abil-Kheir