#4095 - Sunday, December 5, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4095, Sunday, December 5, 2010

      A Single Desire

      Awakeness is inherent
      in all things and all beings
      everywhere
      all the time.
      This awakeness relates to every moment
      from innocence
      from absolute honesty
      from a state where you feel
      absolutely authentic.
      Only from this state
      do you realize
      that you never really wanted
      whatever you thought you wanted.
      You realize
      that behind all of your desires
      was a single desire:
      to experience each moment
      from your true nature.

      - Adyashanti

      We try to save so many things in life with vague mysticism, but the mysticism has to stand on a base of total frankness and on a cold and piercing examination of things. Most people only see in life what it's permissible to see, but we must free ourselves from all existing ideas... then life becomes rich and abundant even in moments of deep suffering.

      The distress here is really terrible [Auschwitz]. And still, in the evening, when the day recedes, I walk with bright footsteps by the wire fence, and from my heart arises always the feeling that Life is wonderful and grand... I find rest within myself. And this "Self", this deepest and richest part of me, I call God.

      - Ethy Hilthum, from the journal of a young Jewish girl who died in Auschwitz, posted to allspirit

      The broad perspective, the floodlight which is the perfect understanding, sees things as they are.

      Security means no change, and nothing in the universe can remain unchanged. The human being's search for security must necessarily end in frustration. The human being has to accept that insecurity, the changing from one opposite into the other, is the very basis of life and existence.

      Steady faith is stronger than destiny. Destiny is the result of causes, mostly accidental, and is therefore loosely woven. Confidence and good hope will overcome it easily.

      With passionate practices
      I held the reins secure on my mind
      and made the breath one column.

      Then the new moon's clear
      nectar descended into me,
      nothing pouring into Nothing.

      - Lalla, from Naked Song, version by Coleman Barks