#4092 -Thursday, December 2, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2 11:20 PM

      #4092 -Thursday, December 2, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Is the bowl empty
      or is it filled with moonlight?
      Oh, the midnight sun.

      The Unbroken

      There is a brokenness
      out of which comes the unbroken,
      a shatteredness out of which blooms the unshatterable.
      There is a sorrow
      beyond all grief which leads to joy
      and a fragility
      out of whose depths emerges strength.

      There is a hollow space
      too vast for words
      through which we pass with each loss,
      out of whose darkness we are sanctioned into being.

      There is a cry deeper than all sound
      whose serrated edges cut the heart
      as we break open
      to the place inside
      which is unbreakable
      and whole,
      while learning to sing.

      ~  Rashani  ~

      In   Beyond  Brokenness   Rashani   Réa   shares  the
      “birth story” of  her poem,
      “The Unbroken” with an

      unwavering   inner  eye,  ever   turning
       towards  the
      silence  she  so  relishes,   trusts  and  values.  In  the

      writing  of  this poem
      ’s birth has come the tracing of
      the   poet’s   pathless   journey  through  the  winter
      shadows  of  grief. “The Unbroken” pierced through
      the dark night  in one woman
      ’s  life
      and  carried  her
      lovingly  through  the
       unknown,  into  the wholeness
      that   had   been   within   her   all  alongRashani’s
      unembellished honesty and self-awareness offer us a
      glimpse  of  the   possibility to navigate  through  our
      own inevitable endarkenments and  disillusionments.

      Beyond Brokenness
      shows us that such a possibility
      exists.  Rashani  has  gifted us once  again   with  the
      comforting truth that our essential nature, no matter
      how broken we may feel, is whole and  unbreakable.

      This   book   is   a   chronicle   and   testimony  for  our
      capacity   to   enter   into   the   pain   of   being human,
      without   resistance,  and  emerge, again and again, into
      a   state  of   nondual    awareness.  The   extremes   of
      heartbreak     and      profound     spiritual    awakening
      couldn’t  be  rendered  more  starkly,  yet  they  are  so
      close.  Though  the  path  of  being  broken  wide open
      begins  in our  pain  and  anguish,  like  all  true paths, it
      leads  to  the  state  of  embodied  transcendence. That
      the   heart   can   turn   so   quickly?  This   is  the   real
      miracle. Rashani’s  poem  is  a wonder. In the space of
      just a few  words, she takes  our  soul in her hands and
      shows  how  we  can  move  from the depths of despair
      to a place of immutable wholeness.

      - Peter Fenner, author of Radiant Mind

      This  is  a  book  from  the  deep  that finds light not by
      seeking  light,  but  by  letting  go  into  darkness. It is a
      book   of  miracles—not   the  usual  kind  of   miracles
      like  walking  on   water—but   the   miracle  of  finding
      beauty  and  love  and  transcendence in the  very heart
      of  life  with  all  its  brokenness  and  loss. It’s  a poem,
      really,  or  a  song  or  a  sutra. I  love the way  Rashani
      weaves  together  the  beautiful and the ugly  so that we
      can   see   how   inseparable   they   are   and  how  she
      conveys   so  much    so   sparingly.  This   book   is   a
      beautiful, powerful, gorgeous song of life and death.

          JoanTollifson,  author of Bare-Bones Meditation

      Beyond Brokenness

      Available online at www.xlibris.com

      About the Author

      Raised throughout childhood to appreciate the perennial teachings at the core
      of  all spiritual traditions, Rashani has recorded fifteen albums and created
      more  than 350 collages in celebration of the diversity of world wisdom. She
      began  writing poetry at the age of seven and was published four years later.
      Raised  with the motto “freedom is discipline,” her childhood was an immersion
      in artistic  explorations and an ongoing inquiry into the nature of beauty.

      Since 1991, Rashani has lived simply and sustainably on the Big Island of
      Hawai‘i where she  offers individual and group retreats several times a year.
      She also offers collage  classes, retreats, satsangs, individual sessions and
      participatory concerts  throughout the world. Rashani Réa is a prolific artist
      and musician, known  worldwide for her music and greeting cards and is a
      deeply respected Dharma  teacher. Her books include Welcome to The Feast,
      The Way Moonlight Touches,  It's Time for a Miracle, and The Unfurling of an

      Visit her personal site at www.rashani.com.