#4089 - Monday, November 29, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2010

      #4089 - Monday, November 29, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Actually, all paths lead away from the truth...how's that? All paths.
      There's no such thing as a path to the truth.
      The truth's already here, where are you going?"

      - Adyashanti

      Everywhere is Consciousness and everywhere is
      Home.  "Everywhere" is but a small corner of your
      heart.  You are that vast.  There is no travel because
      you are always Home.  Surrender your ego and you
      are Home.

      - Papaji

      Along The Way

      photos by Alan Larus

      "Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is

      written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see."

      - C.S. Lewis

      Letting go of fixation is effectively a process of learning to be free, because
      every time we let go of something, we become free of it. Whatever we fixate
      upon limits us because fixation makes us dependent upon something other than
      ourselves. Each time we let go of something, we experience another level of
      freedom.

      - Traleg Kyabgon Rinpoche

      To me, there is only one quality that one can measure one's experiential
      understanding of freedom with: All-inclusive love. If someone claims to
      know the truth, yet no deep love is tangible in their energy and expression,
      it's a mental position someone is maintaining. It's that simple and it proves
      itself to be true every single time.

      - Bentinho Massaro on Facebook

      Flock 'em

      I am glad that Jeff Foster finally spoke the truth. It is long overdue.
      There are a surfeit of pseudo-teachers among us, most of them online.
      That is because if seen face-to-face, we would know them for what they are.
      People just like us.

      People just like us who want to exemplify the truth but often fall short.

      Who want to endure unto the end but often stop to philander or finagle.

      Who need someone to help them make it through the night.

      Who doubt themselves and their ability to carry the weight of their own self-fashioned cross.

      Who see themselves as less than perfect because they are.

      Who like being alone because sometimes it hurts less.

      Who like being with others because sometimes it hurts less.

      Everyone is playing hurt.

      We all know the stories of fallen gurus.

      Toppled by their own egos.

      Drawn to the dark side just to see what it’s like.

      It is time for each of us to own the truth: we are actors playing

      immortals on the Planet Earth.

      Or is it the other way around?

      So Jeff Foster has spoken. Now what? He will speak again. I like Jeff. I agree
      that the language of advaita has been overspoken. Even unspeaking it is
      overspeaking it. The problem is not with the language but with the speakers. They
      have become ubiquitous and trite. What was once arcane is now archaic. We have
      turned spirituality into a popularity contest. Jeff presents well, so he is a “fave”
      on Youtube. So what else is new with human nature? Your favorite neo is no
      better than your favorite rock star. Fickleness prevails. We prefer to look upon
      rather than within. Jeff can disassociate himself from the pack, but the pack will
      just run after him all the harder. How many times must we listen to people
      claiming to have what we lack? How many books will we have to read. Anything I
      say on this subject will be torn to death by the flock of “One.” That is just how it is
      with the modern breed of nondualists.

      Flock ‘em.