#4088 - Saturday, November 27, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27 9:44 AM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4088, Saturday, November 27, 2010

      OK, darlin's - here is a gift to you,
      for no reason except I love you. ~dg

      For no reason
      I start skipping like a child.

      For no reason

      I turn into a leaf
      That is carried so high
      I kiss the Sun's mouth
      And dissolve.

      For no reason
      A thousand birds
      Choose my head for a conference table,
      Start passing their
      Cup of wine
      And their wild songbooks all around.

      For every reason in existence
      I begin eternally,
      To eternally laugh and love!

      When I turn into a leaf
      And start dancing,
      I run to kiss our beautiful Friend

      And I dissolve in the Truth
      That I Am.

      - Ladinsky inspired by Hafiz, posted to DailyDharma

      If the only prayer your say in your entire life is
      "thank you," that would suffice.

      - Meister Eckhart, posted to AlongTheWay

      The aim of prayer is to keep you always in the state
      you were in during prayer. Asleep or awake, writing or
      reading, whatever you do, you must never be without
      the remembrance of God.

      - Rumi, from Breathing Truth - Quotations from Jalaluddin Rumi,, translated by Muriel Maufroy, posted to AlongTheWay

      Pay attention. Trust Life.
      You will eventually discover,
      with pure and overwhelming delight,
      that you are not separate from
      That which you are seeking.

      - Metta Zetty

      Alchemist of My Soul

      O limitless and compassionate one,
      high above the rest,
      You have set ablaze the dry weeds of intellect.
      You have come with a smile,
      and thrown open the gates of my prison.
      You have come to the lowly
      and given to them with the generosity of God.

      You are the call of the rising Sun,
      the hope of all people in need.
      You are the seeker, the goal,
      and seeking itself.
      Blazing like fire in every heart,
      calming the mind of its restlessness,
      you are the seer, the seen, and sight itself.

      O Alchemist of my soul, essence of all truth,
      once your cure appeared
      everything else lost its meaning.

      There was a time we lost ourselves in others,
      a time we ate the best of foods.
      There was time we relied on the intellect,
      a time we looked for fortune
      but all this had no value in the end.

      For a mouthful of food and some bitter herbs
      we went everywhere,
      we made so many plans
      one day it was Rome,
      the next day it was Africa.

      We entered a raging battlefield, for what?
      a few crumbs of bread.

      Lose your soul in God's love, I swear
      there is no other way.

      Stay with that silence.
      I once ran toward the knowledge of this world;
      now the papers are packed, the pens are broken
      O Saaqi, bring on the wine!

      - Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) One, version by Jonathan Star, based on a translation by Shahram Shiva, from A Garden Beyond Paradise: The Mystical Poetry of Rumi, posted to Sunlight