#4086 -Thursday, November 25, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2010

      #4086 -Thursday, November 25, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "this isn't
      a contest but the doorway
      into thanks, and a silence in which
      another voice may speak."

      - Mary Oliver

      by Ivan Granger on FaceBook

      by Alan Larus

      ‎...which one is real?
      The music in the composer's ear
      or the lapsed piece the orchestra plays?
      The world is a blurred version of itself --
      marred, lovely and flawed.
      ...It is enough.

      - Jane Hirschfield

      by Stephen Victor on Facebook

      If the only prayer your say in your entire life is
      "thank you," that would suffice.

                                     -  Meister Eckhart

      Along The Way

      To Meet in the Play

      by Jeff Foster

      I am officially no longer an 'Advaita teacher' or 'Nonduality teacher' - if,
      indeed, I ever was one. Life cannot be put into words, and however beautiful
      the  words of Advaita/Nonduality are, they must be discarded in the end. I
      could  never claim to be any sort of authority on this stuff. I will continue to
      speak, to sing my song to those who are open to listening, but gone is the need
      to adhere  to any tradition, to use Advaita-speak to avoid real, authentic human
      engagement, to pretend that I am in any way more or less special than you, to
      kid you that I know more than you, to play the 'teacher' by refusing to meet
      you in the play, to stop listening to you because I see you as 'still stuck in the
      dream' or 'still a person'. This message is about love, in the true sense of the
      word - otherwise it is simply nihilism masquerading as freedom. The 'Advaita
      Police' reply 'Who cares?'. I say I do. I do.

      Getting enlightened is a great thing. I recommend it. But then what are you
      going to do? Are you going to love everybody and everything deeply and madly?
      If not, why bother with enlightenment...it would just be a personal trip. Just go
      play the lottery...or take a lot of vacations...

      Scott Kiloby on Facebook

      Not knowing

      I may not know my original face
      but I know how to smile.
      I may not know the recipe for the diameter
      of a circle but I know how to cut a slice
      for a friend.  I may not be Mary or the Buddha
      but I can be kind.  I may not be a diamond
      cutter but I still long for rays of light
      that reach the heart.
      I may not be standing on the hill of skulls
      but I know love when I see it.

      ~ Stephen Levine ~

      (Breaking the Drought)