#4079 -Thursday, November 18, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2010

      #4079 -Thursday, November 18, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Examine the nature of unborn awareness."

      "Examine the nature of unborn awareness." Who is this "I"? Where did it
      some from? Who is the one who realizes anything? Who is it that's aware?
      The slogan points to the transparency of everything, including our beloved
      identity, this precious M-E. Who is this ME?

      The armor we erect around our hearts causes a lot of misery. But don't be
      deceived, it's very transparent. The more vivid it gets, the more clearly you
      see it, the more you realize that this shield - this cocoon - is just made up of
      thoughts that we churn out and regard as solid. It's not made of iron. The
      armor is not made out of metal. In fact, it's made out of passing memory.

      ...If you think this big burden of ego, this big monster cocoon, is something, it
      isn't. It's just passing memory. Yet it's so vivid. The more you practice, the
      more vivid it gets. It's a paradox - it can't be found, and yet it couldn't be
      more vivid.

      When we awaken our hearts, we're changing the whole pattern, but not by
      creating an new pattern. We are moving further and further away form
      concretizing and making things so solid and always trying to get some ground
      underneath our feet. This moving away from comfort and security, this
      stepping out into the unknown, uncharted, and shaky - that's called
      enlightenment, liberation.

      - Pema Chodron

      We say release, and radiance, and roses

      By Rainer Maria Rilke
      (1875 - 1926)

      English version by Stephen Mitchell

      We say release, and radiance, and roses,
      and echo upon everything that's known;
      and yet, behind the world our names enclose is
      the nameless: our true archetype and home.

      The sun seems male, and earth is like a woman,
      the field is humble, and the forest proud;
      but over everything we say, inhuman,
      moves the forever-undetermined god.

      We grow up; but the world remains a child.
      Star and flower, in silence, watch us go.
      And sometimes we appear to be the final
      exam they must succeed on. And they do.

      Without Condition

      Love - without

      condition - is seldom

      understood, but as a fantasy -

      or as something

      abstract or even absolute,

      but not usually

      as it really is - mostly

      just something

      that falls

      perfectly into place, unexplainable - perhaps

      I should have put it down

      in writing before it actually happened,

      as now there is no memory

      of the many reasons

      it became so, nor even a possibility of ever

      taking it back,

      regarding you -

      at some point

      it just became