#4075 - Sunday, November 14, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4075, Sunday, November 14, 2010

      Buddahood does not happen by being made to happen.
      It is unsought and naturally indwelling, and so is
      spontaneously present.
      Rest nonconceptually in this effortless, naturally abiding state.

      - Longchepa, posted to DailyDharma

      Let go of what has passed.
      Let go of what may come.
      Let go of what is happening now.
      Don't try to figure anything out.
      Don't try to make anything happen.
      Relax, right now, and rest.

      - Tilopa, posted to allspirit

      Desires are just waves in the mind. You know a wave when you see one. A desire is just a thing among many. I feel no urge to satisfy it, no action needs to be taken on it. Freedom from desire means this: the compulsion to satisfy is absent.

      Rush Naked

      A lover looks at creek water and wants to be that quick
      to fall, to kneel, then all

      the way down in full prostration. A lover wants to die of
      his love like a man with

      dropsy who knows that water will kill him, but he can't deny
      his thrist. A lover loves

      death, which is God's way of helping us evolve from mineral
      to vegetable to animal, the one

      incorporating the others. Then animal becomes Adam, and the
      next will take us beyond what

      we can imagine, into the mystery of we are all returning.
      Don't fear death. Spill your

      jug in the river! Your attributes disappear, but the essence
      moves on. Your shame and fear

      are like felt layers covering coldness. Throw them off, and
      rush naked into the joy of death.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi III: 3884-89, version by Coleman Barks, from The Soul of Rumi, posted to Sunlight

      The lasting significance of any death
      is that we return to our source,
      that the forces which constitute us
      return to the place from which we came,
      a place in the universal power,
      unique for each one of us,
      yet constituting part of a cosmic pattern
      which in its totality makes up the mind of God,
      who is Himself the infinite intelligent power
      which builds the whole universe

      and everything and being in it.

      - Eugene Halliday, posted to The_Now2

      Letting Go