#4074 - Saturday, November 13, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4074, Saturday, November 13, 2010

      Every experience of the finite will
      inevitably lead to one simple question:
      "Is this all there is?"

      As such, the finite is
      a priceless invitation
      into the Infinite.

      - Metta Zetty

      All things - all beings and all activities, no matter how ordinary - are equal expressions of the Infinite. There is no more or less Infinite, no higher or lower Infinite. Therefore, all attempts to either find or hold onto the Infinite are based in illusion. And illusion itself is none other than the Infinite.

      The Infinite uses all measures in order to awaken in all the various forms in existence. It uses birth, life, death, happiness, sorrow, clarity, and delusion in order to awaken. All of your seeking is in reality the activity of the Infinite as well. No matter how far astray or deluded you become, you can never get a single step away from the Infinite's embrace. If you could all at once stop believing your dreaming mind and be completely still right in the midst of your present state, the Infinite would effortlessly present itself.

      - Adyashanti

      The Infinite

      Always to me beloved was this lonely hillside
      And the hedgerow creeping over and always hiding
      The distances, the horizon's furthest reaches.
      But as I sit and gaze, there is an endless
      Space still beyond, there is a more than mortal
      Silence spread out to the last depth of peace,
      Which in my thought I shape until my heart
      Scarcely can hide a fear. And as the wind
      Comes through the copses sighing to my ears,
      The infinite silence and the passing voice
      I must compare: remembering the seasons,
      Quiet in dead eternity, and the present,
      Living and sounding still. And into this
      Immensity my thought sinks ever drowning,
      And it is sweet to shipwreck in such a sea.

      - Giacomo Leopardi, translated by Henry Reed

      The Infinite a sudden Guest

      The Infinite a sudden Guest
      Has been assumed to be -
      But how can that stupendous come
      Which never went away?

      - Emily Dickinson

      Allow

      There is no controlling life.
      Try corralling a lightning bolt,
      containing a tornado. Dam a
      stream and it will create a new
      channel. Resist, and the tide
      will sweep you off your feet.
      Allow, and grace will carry
      you to higher ground. The only
      safety lies in letting it all in -
      the wild and the weak; fear,
      fantasies, failures and success.
      When loss rips off the doors of
      the heart, or sadness veils your
      vision with despair, practice
      becomes simply bearing the truth.
      In the choice to let go of your
      known way of being, the whole
      world is revealed to your new eyes.

      - Danna Faulds. from Poems from the Heart of Yoga: Go In and In

      To cast off the self means to simply and profoundly stop grasping.

      - Geoffrey Shugen Arnold Sensei, posted to Distillation