#4071 -Thursday, November 11, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2010

      #4071 -Thursday, November 11, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "There is a point where in the mystery of
      existence contradictions meet;
      where movement is not all movement
      and stillness is not all stillness;
      where the idea and the form,
      ...the within and the without, are united;
      where infinite becomes finite,
      yet not losing its infinity."

      ~ Tagore

      posted by Mazie Lane to Facebook

      There is nothing but water in the holy pools.
      I know, I have been swimming in them.

      All the gods sculpted of wood or ivory can't say a word.
      I know, I have been crying out to them.

      The Sacred Books of the East are nothing but words.
      I looked through their covers one day sideways.

      What Kabir talks of is only what he has lived through.
      If you have not lived through something, it is not true.

      ~ Kabir

      I said to the wanting-creature inside me:
      What is this river you want to cross?
      There are no travelers on the river-road, and no road.
      Do you see anyone moving about on that bank, or nesting?

      There is no river at all, and no boat, and no boatman.
      There is no tow rope either, and no one to pull it.
      There is no ground, no sky, no time, no bank, no ford!

      And there is no body, and no mind!
      Do you believe there is some place that will make the
      soul less thirsty?
      In that great absence you will find nothing.

      Be strong then, and enter into your own body;
      there you have a solid place for your feet.
      Think about it carefully!
      Don't go off somewhere else!

      Kabir says this: just throw away all thoughts of
      imaginary things,
      and stand firm in that which you are.

      ~ Kabir

      Kabir album by Belle Heywood on Facebook

      [To see more poems, click on Kabir's name above.]

      The
      Great religions are the
      Ships,

      Poets the life
      Boats.

      Every sane person I know has jumped
      Overboard.

      That is good for business
      Isn't it

      Hafiz?

      Hafiz album by Belle Heywood on Facebook

      [To see more poems, click on Hafiz name above.]

      Spring

      Look out for Spring,
      the life underground,
      the life underground.