#4061 - Sunday, October 31, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4061, Sunday, October 31, 2010

      The more awake one is to the material world,
      the more one is asleep to spirit.
      When our soul is asleep to God,
      other wakefulness closes the door of Divine grace.

      - Rumi, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski from Rumi: Daylight, posted to AlongTheWay

      Happiness depends on something or other and can be lost; freedom from everything depends on nothing and cannot be lost. Freedom from sorrow has no cause and, therefore, cannot be destroyed. Realize that freedom.

      -Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to ANetofJewels

      If you assume
      That which you are seeking
      is missing,
      you will be engaged in
      a restless and endless search.

      If you assume
      This is Complete,
      exactly as it is,
      you will be immersed in
      an infinite process of
      discovery and revelation.

      - Metta Zetty

      In seeing with the whole-mind, intuitively, the apparent seer disappears and the seeing becomes the seen.

      When we purify our obscurations until none remain, there is no film, no hidden karmic influences that color and shape the light of our consciousness. Because karmic traces are the roots of dreams, when they are entirely exhausted only the pure light of awareness remains: no movie, no story, no dreamer and no dream, only the luminous fundamental nature that is absolute reality. This is why enlightenment is the end of dreams and is known as "awakening."

      - Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, from The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream And Sleep, posted to DailyDharma

      This world is very crooked. It is like the tail of
      a dog. As soon as you take away your hands it
      will again become crooked. So many yogis,
      teachers, saints and prophets came into this
      world and preached. Still it is crooked; it is in the
      same state. Therefore, do not bother much about
      reforming this crooked world. This can never be
      done. Reform yourself first, then the whole world
      can be reformed. How can you help the world
      when you yourself are weak and ignorant. It will
      be like a blind man leading another blind man.
      Both must fall into a deep abyss.

      - Swami Sivananda, Karma Yoga, posted to AlongTheWay

      When all thoughts
      Are exhausted
      I slip into the woods
      And gather