#4058 -Thursday, October 28, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2010

      #4058 -Thursday, October 28, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Don't make any effort.  Stay quiet and the noisy
      surface dialogues will cease.  Then the substratum
      will rise up to the top.  It is simple.  Follow this.

                            - Papaji

      Along The Way

      What IS (ALWAYS-ALREADY) IS

      The real state must be effortless.

      It is permanent.

      ---
      Ramana Maharshi

      ~   ~   ~

      tzu-jan, by itself so

      So the Tao goes along of itself. And since there is always a basic element
      of life that cannot be defined---in the same way the Tao cannot be
      defined---it cannot be controlled. In other words, you cannot get outside
      yourself to define yourself or control yourself.

      --- Alan Watts, "Eastern Wisdom"

      posted by Tom Sullivan

      And when you settle, there is pure awareness, with no effort, with no method.
      If awareness needs a method it is still not true awareness, not the essential
      awareness, not the natural spontaneous awareness. It is a byproduct of the
      mind, it is not yet the truth.

      Now there is nothing to do. See, be, enjoy: only this moment exists.

      This now, this there, this cawing of the crows. And all is silence.

      To know this serenity is to know who you are, what this existence is all about.

      This is Samadhi, in the words of Patanjali. This is sabbodhi, in the words of

      Gautam Buddha. This is Bodhicitta, in the words of Atisha.

      From The Book of Wisdom : Discourses on Atisha`s Seven Points of Mind Training, by Osho

      posted by Mazie Lane to Facebook

      "Wherever there is a reference point, there's a poisonous view,
      Wherever there is fixation, there's said to be a treacherous path of meditation,
      If there is adopting and rejecting, there is faulty action,
      Where there is a goal in mind, the result will be hindered:
      Simply remain in a state of non-distraction, free of clinging and grasping.

      Whoever is without clinging
      To the dualistic extremes of meditating
      And not meditating,
      Reaches the great nondual state beyond intellect."

      ---Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche

      From the book: "Natural Great Perfection," published by Snow Lion
      posted to Daily Dharma by Dainen Kelley

      posted by Mazie Lane to Facebook

      What's In The Temple?

      In the quiet spaces of my mind a thought lies still, but ready to spring.
      It begs me to open the door so it can walk about.
      The poets speak in obscure terms pointing madly at the unsayable.
      The sages say nothing, but walk ahead patting their thigh calling for us to follow.
      The monk sits pen in hand poised to explain the cloud of unknowing.
      The seeker seeks, just around the corner from the truth.
      If she stands still it will catch up with her.
      Pause with us here a while.
      Put your ear to the wall of your heart.
      Listen for the whisper of knowing there.
      Love will touch you if you are very still.

      If I say the word God, people run away.
      They've been frightened--sat on 'till the spirit cried "uncle."
      Now they play hide and seek with somebody they can't name.
      They know he's out there looking for them, and they want to be found,
      But there is all this stuff in the way.

      I can't talk about God and make any sense,
      And I can't not talk about God and make any sense.
      So we talk about the weather, and we are talking about God.

      I miss the old temples where you could hang out with God.
      Still, we have pet pounds where you can feel love draped in warm fur,
      And sense the whole tragedy of life and death.
      You see there the consequences of carelessness,
      And you feel there the yapping urgency of life that wants to be lived.
      The only things lacking are the frankincense and myrrh.

      We don't build many temples anymore.
      Maybe we learned that the sacred can't be contained.
      Or maybe it can't be sustained inside a building.
      Buildings crumble.
      It's the spirit that lives on.

      If you had a temple in the secret spaces of your heart,
      What would you worship there?
      What would you bring to sacrifice?
      What would be behind the curtain in the holy of holies?

      Go there now.

      ~ Tom Barrett ~

      (Keeping in Touch)