#4055 - Monday, October 25, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2010

      #4055 - Monday, October 25, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      "Wrapped, surrounded by ten thousand mountains,
      Cut off, no place to go....
      Until you're here, there's no way to get here.
      Once you're here, there's no way to go."
      - Yuan Mei

      From the book: "The Poetry of Zen," published by Shambhala.
      posted to Daily Dharma by Dainen Kelley

      Water Lily

      My whole life is mine, but whoever says so

      will deprive me, for it is infinite.

      The ripple of water, the shade of the sky

      are mine; it is still the same, my life.

      No desire opens me: I am full,

      I never close myself with refusal -

      in the rhythm of my daily soul

      I do not want - I am moved;

      By being moved I lay down my vast visions,

      making the dreams of night real:

      into my body at the bottom of the water

      I attract the beyonds of mirrors...

      Rainer Maria Rilke

      posted by Peter Shefler to Facebook

      Tanum

      photos by Alan Larus

      THE SHOWROOM

      Just as a doorman beckons to the passer-by
      Inviting him to view the naked ladies,
      As a showroom displays the latest models
      And a piece of cheese leads the mouse to his certain death
      So this glittering bait leads us to a momentary contentment.

      Denial of the manifest existence is a further blasphemy
      As blasphemous as a shotgun marriage to it.
      The intricacy of thought patterns
      Taken as real
      Are ever more subtle.
       Hook, line and sinker come to mind.

      Where does the poor me fit into all this?
      Where can the ‘I’ take a rest?
      Whose theory or practice will provide liberation from attachment?

      A small voice whispers the timeless message
      “There is no way out,
      There is no ‘I’”

      When the cupboard is completely bare
      When even the dogs have given up sniffing around
      A feast is laid.

      Tim Goulding

      THE PROPHET

      You are the prophet