#4044 -Thursday, October 14, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2010

      #4044 -Thursday, October 14, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Ring the bells that still can ring
      Forget your perfect offering
      There is a crack, a crack in everything
      That's how the light gets in.

            - Leonard Cohen
              From the lyrics of the song, "Anthem"

      always worth another listen...

      love is a place

      love is a place
      & through this place of
      love move
      (with brightness of peace)
      all places

      yes is a world
      & in this world of
      yes live
      (skillfully curled)
      all worlds

      - e e cummings

      www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

      As for spiritual 'combat', allow me to humbly introduce to you Mr Morihei
      Ueshiba, considered the worlds greatest ever martial artist, having never been
      defeated - even unarmed against multiple sword wielding attackers - ever. His
      work The Art of Peace is highly regarded among true spiritual warriors:

      "The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task
      in the Art of Peace. Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can
      be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here for no other
      purpose than to realize your inner divinity and manifest your innate
      enlightenment. Foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art to all that
      you encounter."

      See:
      http://omlc.ogi.edu/aikido/talk/osensei/artofpeace/01.html

      As Robert Adams puts it:
      "You have to begin to identify with the Real Self. You have to begin to let go
      of all the false beliefs, conceptions, dogmas and be yourself. Be the Self
      you've always been. Be the Buddha. Be Krishna. You have that quality deep within
      you. Wake up. Do not let calamity rule you any longer. Know yourself. Do not use
      the mind to react to conditions. Learn to be the observer."

      See:
      http://itisnotreal.com/subpage17.html

      No one can take you there,
      No one can show you,
      You have to go there yourself.

      Dull enough for you?

      L,
      Sid.
      (L=Love, as in 'All you need is...')

      posted to Nonduality Salon

      photo by Richard Kogerup on Facebook

      On My Birthday 8

      Ripping the breast of my birthday today,
      news of the death, leave-taking of a friend, has arrived.

      My own fire-grief burns --
      enkindles.

      On evening's forehead, the sun places
      a blood-gleaming sign,
      changes the coming night's face to gold
      just as death dresses me with a burning flame
      at the western edge of life.

      In this light can be seen
      seamless life where birth, death are one.
      Such splendor illuminates a deathlessness
      hidden in the everyday by our senses' limits.

      Tagore, 6 May 1940

      posted by Alan Larus to Facebook

      http://www.ferryfee.com/Bluesky/On_my_birthday_8.html

      i carry your heart with me

      i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
      my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
      i go you go, my dear;and whatever is done
      by only me is your doing,my darling)
                                                              i fear
      no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
      no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
      and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
      and whatever a sun will always sing is you

      here is the deepest secret nobody knows
      (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
      and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
      higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
      and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart