#4040 - Sunday, October 10, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4040, Sunday, October 10, 2010

      Remember This:

      There is an end to our restless searching.
      It is inherent within the Present Moment.

      The process of searching for the truth eventually
      prevents us from seeing and recognizing it.

      You are That which you are seeking.

      The Open Secret:
      Reality, exactly as it manifests
      within our ordinary Awareness
      within the present moment,
      is none other than THAT
      which we have been seeking.

      Enlightenment is the irrefutable Recognition
      of the finite nature of all things, and
      the inherent completeness of Reality
      manifesting within the Infinite Present.

      Bliss is the recognition of the
      absolute and complete perfection
      of the universe, as it is,
      in the present moment.

      Awakening is a recognition
      that nothing is missing.

      The Infinite manifests in and through the finite.

      Reality is the Infinite
      showing up here and now
      through finite form.

      Reality defies expression -
      except through Life itself.

      The recognition of the fundamental,
      essential nature of Reality is the source of our
      greatest satisfaction and deepest fulfillment.

      Purpose and meaning are inherent
      within, not separate from,
      the fundamental and essential
      nature of Reality.

      The essence of Reality is not separate
      from who and what we are at a
      fundamental and essential level.

      You are aware that you are Aware.
      This reflective quality of human consciousness
      is the key to understanding
      your own essential and fundamental nature.

      Suffering results from
      a mistaken sense of identity.

      Our beliefs are simply
      interpretations of Reality.

      When the student is ready,
      the teacher disappears -
      and only Reality remains.

      Notice the distinction between
      the content of consciousness and
      the background of Natural Awareness.

      Pay attention. Trust Life.
      That will be enough.

      Attention is simply the focusing
      of individual consciousness.
      Intention is the focusing of desire.
      Desire is energy of Life
      moving within the universe.

      Explore the 3 "Given Conditions" within
      your own immediate experience:
      (1) I am... (2) Aware... (3) Now....
      This is all we know.

      The present moment is our most
      direct and immediate experience
      of the Infinite.

      The Infinite is showing up
      in and through you
      within the present moment.

      The power of choice
      shapes the way the Infinite
      shows up in and through each of us.

      The end of searching gives way to infinite
      gratitude, discovery and exploration.

      - Metta Zetty

      Insofar as you keep watching the mind and discover yourself as its witness, nothing else can project itself on the screen of consciousness. This is so because two things cannot occupy the attention at the same moment. Therefore, delve within, and find out where thoughts arise. Seek the source of all thought, and acquire the Self-knowledge which is the awakening of Truth.

      Be fully aware of your own being and you will be in bliss consciously. Because you take your mind off yourself and make it dwell on what you are not, you lose your sense of well-being, of being well.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That -Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      5. Dissolving

      You are pure.

      Nothing touches you.
      What is there to renounce?

      Let it all go,
      The body and the mind.

      Let yourself dissolve.

      Like bubbles in the sea,
      All the worlds arise in you.

      Know you are the Self.
      Know you are one.

      Let yourself dissolve.

      You see the world.
      But like the snake in the rope,
      It is not really there.

      You are pure.

      Let yourself dissolve.

      You are one and the same
      In joy and sorrow,
      Hope and despair,
      Life and death.

      You are already fulfilled.

      Let yourself dissolve.

      excerpt from The Heart of Awareness - a translation of The Ashtavakra Gita, by Thomas Byrom

      Finally, Happy Belated Birthday, John (10/9/40):

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da69-pu_pqc&feature=related