#4039 - Saturday, October 9, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4039, Saturday, October 9, 2010

      Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.

      - the Buddha

      How about today be the day that words are measured with a
      single purpose - to bring peace. Look around - lordy, lordy,
      so much sadess, so much anger, angst and all the jabs
      that deplete our peace store.. let's build it up today...
      one kind word at a time...
      and never cash them in
      but leave them on display
      for every hungry heart that
      peeks in the window.

      i love you today, darlin' one,

      - dg, posted to DailyDharma

      That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day.

      - Pip in Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens, posted to allspirit

      Kind words are a creative force, a power that concurs in the building up of all that is good, and energy that showers blessings upon the world.

      - Lawrence G. Lovasik

      Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.

      - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

      Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.

      - Eric Hoffer

      When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to discover that it's bottomless, that it doesn't have any resolution, that this heart is huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to discover how much warmth and gentleness is there, as well as how much space.

      - Pema Chodrom

      Put your heart, mind, intellect, and soul even to your smallest acts.
      This is the secret of success.

      - Swami Sivananda, posted to Distillation

      Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
      Love is knowing I am everything,
      and between the two my life moves.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj