#4034 - Monday, October 4, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010

      #4034 - Monday, October 4, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Observe the wonders as they occur around you.
      Don't claim  them. feel the artistry moving through,
      and be silent.
      - Rumi

      posted to Along the Way

      ...everything in the universe - whether earth, grass, tree, fence, tile, or
      pebble - functions as a manifestation of enlightenment; and those who receive
      the effects of this manifestation realize enlightenment without being aware of it.

      This is the merit of nondoing and nonstriving - awakening to the Bodhimind.

      from Shoshogi (Soto Zen sutra)

      posted (long ago) by Andrew McNab to Nonduality Salon

      "Since appearances are the natural display of the mind, it is
      unnecessary to abandon them.  Tilopa indicated this when he said, 'It
      is not by appearances that you are fettered, but by fixation on them.
      So abandon that fixation.'  It is not what you experience that causes
      confusion, it is your fixation on the experience as being inherently
      what it appears to be.  Therefore only this fixation need be
      relinquished, not experience itself."

      -- Gampopa

      Meet life as it is

      Our practice is to meet life exactly as it is and to notice whatever fear,
      anger, or doubt gets in the way of direct intimate contact with this moment,
      bringing attention to that as well. Rather than changing something or seeking
      to get somewhere we imagine we should be, practice is about seeing clearly
      exactly how things really are and how we relate to them. Practice thus
      becomes an increasing intimacy with life just as it is, and there is
      nothing—including the ideas that we should be getting something or
      somewhere—that is unworthy of the clear, nonjudgmental attention we call
      mindfulness.

      Douglas Phillips, Q & A with Douglas Phillips. Read the complete article here.

      Somehow it was very simple and easy in my case. My guru, before he died, told
       me:

      "Believe me, you are the Supreme Reality. Don't doubt my words, don't
      disbelieve me. I am telling you the truth, act on it".

      I could not forget his words and by not forgetting, I have realized. Once the
      guru told me: "You are  the Supreme Reality", I ceased having visions and
      trances and became very  quiet and simple. I found myself desiring and
      knowing less and less, until I  could say in utter astonishment: "I know nothing,
      I want nothing."

      - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      posted by Tom McFerran to Facebook