#4024, Saturday - September 25, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #4024, Saturday, September 25, 2010

      The daily life is a life of action. Whether you like it or not, you must function. Whatever you do for your own sake accumulates and becomes explosive; one day it goes off and plays havoc with you and your world. When you deceive yourself that you work for the good of all, it makes matters worse, for you should not be guided by your own idea of what is good for others. A man who claims to know what is good for other is dangerous.

      It is the familiar that usually eludes us in life. What is before our nose is what we see last.

      - William Barrett, posted to Distillation

      Ram Tzu knows this...

      There is a hole
      Inside you that
      You try desperately
      To fill up.

      You pour in
      Various satisfactions
      To make yourself
      Feel alright.

      Sometimes,
      If you can get enough,
      The hole fills to the brim
      And there is a
      Blissful moment of evenness.

      But your hole is open
      At the bottom.
      Its contents always leak through
      Leaving you empty
      Again
      And desperate
      For more.

      Ram Tzu know what must be done...

      You must be thrown in the hole.

      - Ram Tzu

      There is a brokenness
      out of which comes the unbroken,
      a shatteredness
      out of which blooms the unshatterable.
      There is a sorrow
      beyond all grief which leads to joy
      and a fragility
      out of whose depths emerges strength.

      There is a hollow space
      too vast for words
      through which we pass with each loss,
      out of whose darkness
      we are sanctioned into being.

      There is a cry deeper than all sound
      whose serrated edges cut the heart
      as we break open to the place inside
      which is unbreakable and whole,
      while learning to sing.

      - Rashani Rea

      One Whisper of the Beloved

      Lovers share a sacred decree -
      to seek the Beloved.
      They roll head over heels,
      rushing toward the Beautiful One
      like a torrent of water.

      In truth, everyone is a shadow of the Beloved -
      Our seeking is His seeking,
      Our words are His words.

      At times we flow toward the Beloved
      like a dancing stream.
      At times we are still water
      held in His pitcher.
      At times we boil in a pot
      turning to vapor -
      that is the job of the Beloved.

      He breathes into my ear
      until my soul
      takes on His fragrance.
      He is the soul of my soul -
      How can I escape?
      But why would any soul in this world
      want to escape from the Beloved?

      He will melt your pride
      making you thin as a strand of hair,
      Yet do not trade, even for both worlds,
      One strand of His hair.

      We search for Him here and there
      while looking right at Him.
      Sitting by His side we ask,
      "O Beloved, where is the Beloved?"

      Enough with such questions!
      Let silence take you to the core of life.

      All your talk is worthless
      When compared to one whisper

      of the Beloved.

      - Rumi, Ode 442, version by Jonathan Star from A Garden Beyond Paradise: The Mystical Poetry of Rumi, posted to Sunlight

      Seeking is based on a
      fundamental assumption
      of incompleteness.

      Beyond all seeking
      lies the discovery of
      Infinite Completeness...
      an undeniable recognition
      that nothing is missing.

      - Metta Zetty

      Starting to see that our story is fiction thru & thru -- this is the Awakening.

      - Adyashanti, posted to Distillation