#4020 - Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2010
      #4020 - Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Nonduality Street radio will be live on the air today, Tuesday, September 21, with guest Dustin LindenSmith. We'll mainly talk about mindfulness and parenting. The 30 minute show streams at noon EST at

      This issue features Vicki Woodyard's new book, Life With A Hole In It. Vicki's writing is well known on the Highlights and to have a carefully thought-out book of her writings is a gift. Here are a couple recent reviews:

      I am on a week long vacation to Utah and before leaving on Friday I
      printed out the first 75 pages of your book. I reached the airport three
      hours before the flight. I sat near a huge window, on a black rocking
      chair with the view of the runway and huge white puffy clouds in the sky.
      The next couple of hours were beautiful with a combination of reading,
      admiring the clouds, introspecting my own life situations and trying to
      hold back tears. It was a beautiful experience and a great start to my
      vacation. I almost finished the first 75 pages by the time I reached
      Salt Lake City. Loved the way the book is written with combination of
      facts, truths and some funny pages. Thanks. - S.B.

      LIFE WITH A HOLE IN IT has a big heart. Through stories of seeking
      enlightenment and the sense of enlightenment as a "dirty word," through
      tales of a teacher and loved ones dying of cancer and the pain of
      watching them die, to a sense of beautiful, quiet peace at the end of
      these stories, the book has all the gritty, earthly feel of a personal
      life transformed by a  sense of the bigness of the impersonal. This is
      good reading. It made me smile and laugh. The words are drenched with
      love and a sense of  humor along with reverence and awe for the mystery
      of life. I recommend this book!
      - Scott Kiloby, Author of Reflections of the One Life, Love's Quiet
      Revolution, and Living Realization.

      Life With A Hole In It

      Since the title of my book is Life With A Hole In It, I have been led to
      ponder all of its implications. And being an intuitive writer, I am now
      going to open up the forum to my writing self and let her speak:

      A large hole was made in your life when your daughter died. It felt like
      a large asteroid had crashed into your spirit leaving a Crater Lake of
      Tears. And yet you knew in your heart that it would not crush you. You
      also knew that life as you knew it was over. The new one that you began
      to live one day at a time was about as appealing as a leper’s  kiss. Was
      there a Christ in you that could embrace it?

      It would take years and years to learn to do that. The professor who
      taught the course in how to survive the death of a child never showed up
      for class. Like an orphan yourself, you sat alone waiting for the
      teacher to show.

      Life went on in a terribly cockeyed way. Holidays came and went with no
      one being one whit happier. They actually made you sadder than sad. Not
      for you was trimming a tree with a seven-year-old’s favorite ornaments
      hung at the top of the tree. Too sad for words.

      You found a tough spiritual teacher who drew you directly into the fire
      and you were glad to go. For you were used to fire. What you weren’t
      used to was light. But now you craved it and you would sit for large
      chunks of time absorbing the written wisdom and spoken words of the
      wise. Your teacher seemed to know his stuff.

      And then your husband got his fatal diagnosis and for a second time in
      your life you went through hell. Your child and your husband both had
      about the same length of time to live and you knew that you would be a
      survivor yet again. But this time you found your voice and your passion
      to tell the truth yourself. And that is how you go on. Like the
      Energizer Bunny, you run on the battery of the beyond within. It is a
      mystery and a blessing how everything works out when you determine to go
      the distance.

      Vicki's book, LIFE WITH A HOLE IN IT, can be ordered here.

      http://www.booklocker.com/books/4931.html
      Nurturing The Now, http://www.bobwoodyard.com

      Vicki Woodyard