#4008 - Thursday, September 9, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2010

      #4008 - Thursday, September 9, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      A STILL CUP

      For
      God
      To make love,
      For the divine alchemy to work,
      The Pitcher needs a still cup.

      Why
      Ask Hafiz to say
      Anything more about
      Your most
      Vital
      Requirement?

                              - Hafiz

      "The Gift"
      Translations by Daniel Ladinsky
      posted to Along The Way

      Let go of your worries
      and be completely clear-hearted,
      like the face of a mirror
      that contains no images.

      - Rumi

      Natural Creativity

      When we speak about natural creativity and its  expression, we are not
      talking about something separate from our own  mind and experience. All
      that we call “existent phenomena” is experienced  by mind. This
      awareness is primordial and omnipresent—is there ever a  time when we
      don’t experience? Experience can be dull, we may be asleep,  we may be
      ignorant or distracted, but we are always “awake” in one way  or
      another—experiencing our thoughts, our emotions, our state of mind,
      experiencing our dullness, our distractedness or joy. There has never
      been a time when we have been inanimate, like a rock. This creative
      energy never leaves us, whether we turn toward ignorance or
      enlightenment; whether our intelligence is obstructed or not; whether we
      operate from the ego or from a bigger state of mind. It remains in its
      own naked state at all times.

      - Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche, "Free Expression"

      ‎"True faith is that quality of consciousness that allows us to exist
      without blinders, without beliefs, without barriers to life of any kind."

      - Adyashanti

      posted by Tom Thompson to Facebook

      http://ferryfee.com/Bluesky/Night_of_the_fifth.html

      as flowing waters disappear into the mist
      we lose all track of their passage.
      every heart is its own Buddha;
      to become a saint, do nothing.

      enlightenment: the world is a mote of dust,
      you can look right through heaven's round mirror
      slip past all form, all shape
      and sit side by side with nothing, save Tao.

      - Shi Shu

      posted by Alan Larus