#3996, Saturday - August 28, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3996, Saturday, August 28, 2010

      Today is the 44th birthday of dg's dear "heart-son" who found out a few days ago that he has a dangerous form of brain cancer with a very poor prognosis. Just a week before, when he underwent surgery to remove the tumor, he slid easily, effortlessly, into his True Nature, the Bliss of Knowing. And he has not wavered, spreading his joy to all around him, and who knows? beyond. When i told him the diagnosis two days ago, as we held each other, he cried - with joy! He said he would not have traded this "knowing", this "certainty in the truth of the Dharma" for anything, and his only prayer is that "I live long enough to benefit as many beings as I can."

      He just sent me this "birthday poem." May his sweet joy be with all of you today and for all dayless time. love, dg

      "Of all the precious gifts, the most tender is having the path.

      Lovingly lit by the precious Buddha, and walking it with dear companions within the great expanse between extremes.

      The essential groundlessness of those who've gone beyond, abiding in no place but shimmering love radiating across the realms and kayas.

      With Mother Tara's supreme kindness, wisdom and emptiness arose in mind singularly.

      I held it close, and simply let go into ineffable bliss flowing ceaselessly."

      ~ CC

      - dg, posted to DailyDharma

      When you encounter sorrow and suffering, remain with it and don't try to escape from it. Don't throw yourself into blind activity. Neither learning nor acting can really help. Be with the presence of sorrow and uncover their roots - help with insight is real help.

      You don't build a world that's whole,

      because the world IS whole.

      You just notice that.

      - Adyashanti, posted to adyashantigroup

      The Great Paradox: There's nothing that's you
      and, at the very same time there's nothing that's
      not you.

      Here's the height of spiritual irony: The Teacher
      points directly to the Truth, but then the student
      begins worshipping the Teacher.

      Or, even worse, the student begins to worship
      the pointer that the Teacher was using!

      But, as Consciousness, Itself, you are really the
      ultimate source of all of the great teachers.

      You are really the ultimate Source of all of their
      spiritual teachings.

      You only created them in your personal drama
      to remind you, again and again, about what you're
      pretending to forget.

      The teachers and their teachings both appear
      ...and disappear...within the heart of who you are.

      - Chuck Hillig, posted to AlongTheWay

      The secret to bliss is to stop the search,
      stop thinking, stop not-thinking, and keep quiet.
      The best practice is to know "Who am I."
      You are Brahman, know this.
      If you want to do anything, just
      always adore Self.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      This is the first, wildest, wisest thing I know -- the soul is built entirely out of attentiveness.

      Mary Oliver, posted to Distillation