Tuesday, July 4

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2000
      MARK OTTER

      There is a lovely guided meditation, spoken by Ram Dass on
      a CD called The Chord of Love (Ram Dass and Amazing Grace -
      it's easy to find if you want to hear it.) I'd like to
      share the meditation with you:

      Now, just getting comfortable,
      Being with what is...
      Sounds
      Sights
      Feelings
      Sensations
      Thoughts
      Not pushing or pulling
      Not trying to stop, or change
      Rest your weary mind
      Just be with what is

      Perhaps imagine the ocean
      A vast ocean of awareness
      Rest in the depths of the ocean

      At the surface of the ocean,
      Waves arise
      Waves of thought
      Of sensation
      Of feeling
      Memories
      Plans
      Waves of phenomenon after phenomenon
      Arising
      Existing
      And then dissolving back into the ocean of which they are a
      part
      Your awareness
      Ocean
      Waves arising,
      Falling back into the ocean
      Your awareness embraces all phenomena

      Imagine
      Surrounding you
      Images
      Images appearing in concentric circles
      Spreading out as far as the mind can imagine
      In every direction
      These concentric circles composed of beings
      Of ALL beings
      Of beings now and then
      Of beings here and there
      Of beings on this plane of awareness
      And on many other planes as well
      Beings that are human
      Beings of all species
      Beings like the planet Earth
      Stars
      Galaxies

      In this phantasmagoric image of all beings
      Arises the awareness of the suffering inherent in these
      beings
      Suffering that is connected with being in form
      Suffering that is the result
      Of the clinging of mind

      >From the center of your chest,
      Breathing out
      Send forth to these beings
      Light
      And love
      Touch each being with your heart

      May all beings everywhere
      Be free from suffering
      May all beings everywhere
      Be peaceful
      May all beings everywhere
      Be happy
      May all beings everywhere
      Be free

      CARLOS DWA

      Cosmic body,
      body of man,
      of lightning and muck be thee struck:

      Inner vistas of unrealized dominions,
      Flash hormones of nanosecond halflife,
      The cascading cresendo of neuropetide
      aspiration,
      that spawn the emergent gods.
      So magnificant be they--
      compelled
      to deny their common origins
      in the metabolic substrate.

      All things physical
      All things miraculous

      Only existrance exists.

      Even your most etherial yearning
      can be weighed upon the glistening scales
      of my upright serpent.

      The denied gods of you genome
      rise up to mock you.
      They will withhold forever
      the substance of your genius -

      As you persist in taking the true miracle
      for illusion
      and infertile supremacist conceptions
      for the gates of being.

      Where lie your encoded sagas?
      Where your Oda?
      Your wandering poet sorcerer
      who seeks the flashing firmament
      in the enigmatic daemon
      of
      his own flesh.

      Enlivening, this fear,
      admixture of expansion.
      Hold high the graven cauldron
      of the quaking
      breaking symmetry.

      The runes undulate upon your cortex
      splaying patterns of perception
      into nor forgotten realms.

      The Book About the Unwritten Book 3:07:09

      TONY BURCH

      Look at me, a collection of atoms, taken from the
      stars.
      Atoms bonded into me, through unknown processes.
      Welded together to a grand design.
      Look at myself.

      Look at this, a simple cup, hardened clay, made by
      fire.
      Liquid heated by distant lifeforms turned to gas.
      Cup and liquid made by atoms, just like mine.
      Taken from the stars, as I was.

      So cup, and liquid, and heat, and me are the same,
      identical
      No different, yet I feel different therefore I am, am
      I not?
      Am I not? But we are the same.
      So I feel different, yet am not.

      Are we not the same?

      DAVE AND TONY

      TONY: Look at me, a collection of atoms, taken from the
      stars. Atoms bonded into me, through unknown processes.
      Welded together to a grand design.

      DAVE: Almost like a web of energy. An electron that's in
      your arm now, may be in the chair an instant later.
      Electrons themselves made up of smaller particles (called
      particles, actually, I wouldn't really count on it.. makes
      for easier conceptualization). Finally it seems that
      everything reduces to pure energy.

      TONY: Look at myself.

      DAVE: Incredible isn't it? That this "cloud" of energy has
      intelligence, that it can perceive of it's own existence.
      Have you actually "seen" the fullness, almost impossibility
      of that perception.

      Where is that perception "projected to", or where does it
      "register"? In the brain? Which is finally just a part of
      the web of energy?

      Intelligent energy! Make one think. Perception in part of
      the "cloud". Perception in various parts of the cloud. A
      greater cloud with a collective consciousness.

      TONY: Look at this, a simple cup, hardened clay, made by
      fire. Liquid heated by distant lifeforms turned to gas. Cup
      and liquid made by atoms, just like mine. Taken from the
      stars, as I was.

      DAVE: What is cup, fire, gas, even atoms? From where did
      the stars arise? What were these things, before the stars,
      before the gasses. Where did all the individual
      "perceptions" come from? Before the stars, what was there?
      The nanosecond before the big bang, what was there?

      TONY: So cup, and liquid, and heat, and me are the same,
      identical No different, yet I feel different therefore I
      am, am I not? Am I not? But we are the same. So I feel
      different, yet am not.

      Are we not the same?

      DAVE: Some say, that we are the same. Pure conscient energy
      that made all this. An infinite twist of timespace. All of
      this an exquisit image in a dimensionless non existant
      space, pure existance.

      You are not what you think you are. But that's not at all
      bad.

      OH

      Hello all dears:

      How the heck are you all? i sure have missed you. Hope you
      have been taking care of your precious selves.

      Am hoping to be at Gathering to meet a lot of you, if ole
      bones and ole Bessie (oh's 78 Dodge SW) will make it!!

      i been gettin in a lot of trouble so everything fine here
      at pile! hoho!

      much love to alL

      *****

      Chief Seattle and old woman used to sit on garbage pile,
      drink Freedom Tea a lot....ah yes, i remember it well. ,^))
      Here is something he said one July 4th:

      "Every part of all this soil is sacred to my people. Every
      hillside, every valley, every plain and grove has been
      hallowed by some sad or happy event in days long vanished.
      The very dust you now stand on responds more willingly to
      their footsteps than to yours, because it is rich with the
      blood of our ancestors and our bare feet are conscious of
      the sympathetic touch.

      "Even the little children who lived here and rejoiced here
      for a brief season love these somber solitudes, and at
      eventide they greet shadowy returning spirits.

      "And when the last red man shall have perished, and the
      memory of my tribe shall have become a myth among the white
      men, these shores will swarm with the invisible dead of my
      tribe and when our children's children think themselves
      alone in the field, the store, the shop, upon the highway,
      or in the silence of the pathless woods, they will not be
      alone. All night when the streets of your cities and
      villages are silent and you think them deserted, they will
      throng with the returning hosts that once filled and still
      love this beautiful land.

      "The white man will never be alone.

      "Let him be just and deal kindly with my people, for the
      dead are not powerless. Dead, did I say? There is no death,
      only a change of worlds."

      JUDI RHODES

      Enlightenment is a very serious matter. It's the
      Transcendence of life altogether as you now assume it to
      be. It's about death - your death. The Teaching is a Sacred
      matter and not a self improvement technique thinking that
      you are going to get something out of it. Because the very
      one that thinks they are going to get something out of it
      is what gets obliterated in the process. Enlgihtenment is
      not something that you can *aspire* to like the violin. If
      you're ready to die right now and never go back I say come
      on, but if not, turn back, go on with your life and be
      happy. God has everything under control.

      *****

      God shows up in the weirdest places! :-) I don't why he
      doesn't just in the books and in church where he belongs!
      Like in the good 'ol days. :-) Now that was a God you could
      trust! :-)

      MARK OTTER

      Strange game, this list... I don't recall seeing anyone win
      yet. (oh, come on, Mark - We're all winners if we love the
      game...) Duality arises so that games may be played. Hide
      and seek, what fun! Damn, I had a God just a minute ago...
      Politics, genocide, environmental destruction - just games.
      You gotta lose if you want to win! Put your money on the
      table, cause if it doesn't flow, it gets stuck. As Hugh
      Romney says, "If you don't have a sense of humor, it's just
      not funny."

      http://users.aol.com/wgeneral/wavyhome.html
      http://www.seva.org/

      ED ARRONS

      Enlightenment is not always a serious matter, as Mark and
      others humorously offer. There is no one "teaching" except
      the one you choose of your own accord. Self-improvement is
      valid when it leads you to...actually most everybody on the
      list could do well with self-improvement instead of
      pretending they are enlightened or that they even know what
      that is.

      So welcome to the list, have fun, and get as much as you
      can out of it. It won't be long before your as confused as
      the rest of us. :-)

      MARCIA PAUL

      I say nothing gets obliterated. Nothing goes away.
      Perspective shifts and what was foreground becomes
      background. It gets seen for what it really was all along.
      Energy, fuel but not who you really are. If you think that
      something gets obliterated you are still "in it". :-)

      MANUEL HERNANDEZ

      A couple had two little boys, ages 6 and 8, who were
      excessively mischievous. The two were always getting into
      trouble and their parents could be assured that if any
      mischief occurred in their town their two young sons were
      in some way involved.

      The parents were at their wits end as to what to do about
      their sons' behavior. The mother had heard that a clergyman
      in town had been successful in disciplining children in the
      past, so she asked her husband if he thought they should
      send the boys to speak with the clergyman. The husband
      said, "We might as well. We need to do something before I
      really lose my temper!"

      The clergyman agreed to speak with the boys, but asked to
      see them individually. The 6-year-old went to meet with him
      first. The clergyman sat the boy down and asked him
      sternly, "Where is God?" The boy made no response, so the
      clergyman repeated the question in an even more stern tone,
      "Where is God?" Again the boy made no attempt to answer, so
      the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his
      finger in the boy's face, "Where is God?" At that the boy
      bolted from the room and ran directly home, slamming
      himself in his closet. His older brother followed him into
      the closet and said, "What happened?"

      The younger brother replied, "We are in BIG trouble this
      time. God is missing and they think we did it!"

      We are the Nonduality Generation.
      http://www.nonduality.com