#3989, Saturday - August 21, 2010
Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3989, Saturday, August 21, 2010
"There is no arriving at some distant shore."
so throw away those paddles, dear - the whole raft has gotta go.
scared? wanna hang on? how can we be raftless? and oh dear, we sure need something to steer with... but
- dg, posted to DailyDharma
Dance, Lalla, with nothing on
but air: Sing, Lalla,
wearing the sky.
Look at this glowing day! What clothes
could be so beautiful, or
- Lalla, English version by Coleman Barks, posted to allspirit
To make love,
For the divine alchemy to work,
The Pitcher needs a still cup.
Ask Hafiz to say
Anything more about
- Hafiz, posted to AlongTheWay
Enlightenment is the inevitable result of the utter absence of purposeful intention.
- Ramesh Balsekar, posted to ANetofJewels
There's no state in which one is seeing reality. WHO is seeing WHAT? You can only BE real. (And that you are always.) The problem exists only in thinking. Let all false ideas go, that's all. There's no need for true ideas. (Since there are none.)
- Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to ANetofJewels
Do you think I know what I'm doing?
That for one breath or half-breath
I belong to myself?
As much as a pen knows what it's writing
or the ball can guess where it's going next.
- Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, from The Essential Rumi, posted to Distillation