#3989, Saturday - August 21, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3989, Saturday, August 21, 2010

      "There is no arriving at some distant shore."

      - Longchepa

      so throw away those paddles, dear - the whole raft has gotta go.

      scared? wanna hang on? how can we be raftless? and oh dear, we sure need something to steer with... but

      what if

      we didn't?

      - dg, posted to DailyDharma

      Dance, Lalla, with nothing on
      but air: Sing, Lalla,
      wearing the sky.

      Look at this glowing day! What clothes
      could be so beautiful, or
      more sacred?

      - Lalla, English version by Coleman Barks, posted to allspirit

      For
      God
      To make love,
      For the divine alchemy to work,
      The Pitcher needs a still cup.

      Why
      Ask Hafiz to say
      Anything more about
      Your most
      Vital
      Requirement?

      - Hafiz, posted to AlongTheWay

      Enlightenment is the inevitable result of the utter absence of purposeful intention.

      There's no state in which one is seeing reality. WHO is seeing WHAT? You can only BE real. (And that you are always.) The problem exists only in thinking. Let all false ideas go, that's all. There's no need for true ideas. (Since there are none.)

      Do you think I know what I'm doing?
      That for one breath or half-breath
      I belong to myself?
      As much as a pen knows what it's writing
      or the ball can guess where it's going next.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, from The Essential Rumi, posted to Distillation