#3984 - Monday, August 16, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2010

      #3984 - Monday, August 16, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Wisdom of Nisargadatta Maharaj - all quotes in this issue are by Sri Niz

      "Either you remain forever hungry and thirsty, longing, searching,
      grabbing, holding, ever losing and sorrowing, or go out wholeheartedly in
      search of the state of timeless perfection to which nothing can be added,
      from which nothing - taken away.

      ... In it all desires and fears are absent, not because they were given up,
      but because they have lost their meaning."

      posted by James Hurley on Facebook

      "Immobility and silence are not inactive. The flower fills the
      space with perfume, the candle -- with light. They do nothing
      yet they change everything by their mere presence."

      posted by Kia Pierce on Facebook

      ‎"Once the illusion that the body-mind as oneself is abandoned,
      death loses its terror, it becomes a part of living ...
      All happiness comes from awareness. The more we are conscious,
      the deeper the joy. Acceptance of pain, non-resistance,
      courage and endurance - these open deep and perennial sources
      of real happiness, true bliss."

      ‎"Forget the known, but remember that you are
      the knower. Don't be all the time immersed in
      your experiences. Remember that you are beyond
      the experiencer, ever unborn and deathless. In
      remembering it, the quality of pure knowledge
      will emerge, the light of unconditional awareness."

      "But why worry so much about causation?
      What do causes matter, when things
      themselves are transient? Let come what
      comes and let go what goes - why catch
      hold of things and enquire about their causes?"

      "If you could only keep quiet, clear of memories and
      expectations, you would be able to discern the
      beautiful pattern of events. It is your restlessness
      that causes chaos."

      ‎"Discard every self-seeking motive
      as soon as it is seen and you need
      not search for truth; truth will find
      you."

      "Spiritual maturity is being ready to let go everything. Giving up is a first
      step, but real giving-up is the insight that there's nothing to be given up,
      since nothing is your property."

      "Having realized that I am one with, and yet beyond the world, I became free
      from all desire and fear. I did not reason out that I should be free, I found
      myself free, unexpectedly, without the least effort."

      "Meet your own self. Be with your own self, listen to it, obey it, cherish it,
      keep it in mind ceaselessly. You need no other guide. As long as your urge for
      truth affects your daily life, all is well with you. Live your life without
      hurting anybody. Harmlessness is a most powerful form of Yoga and it will take
      you speedily to your goal. This is what I call nisarga yoga, the Natural yoga.
      It is the art of living in peace and harmony, in friendliness and love. The
      fruit of it is happiness, uncaused and endless."

      "You must find your own way. Unless you find it yourself, it will not be your
      own way and will take you nowhere. Earnestly live your truth as you have found
      it, act on the little you have understood. It is earnestness that will take you
      through, not cleverness - your own or another's."

      all posted to A Net of Jewels