#3980 - Thursday, August 12, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2010

      #3980 - Thursday, August 12, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Apparently one of the most difficult things to "get" is that the
      non-dual and dual are the same thing. So we really don't have to hide
      out in emptiness and not being a person and saying everything is a
      dream, an illusion. That is a half-baked state. This, as you/it are
      right now, is IT.

      ~ ~ ~

      When enlightenment happens, it is seen there is no such thing as enlightenment.
      Enlightenment only exists for the un-enlightened. After enlightenment, everyone is the same.

      ~Tom Thompson on Facebook

      Can you wake up out of thought into the aliveness, the alertness that you only have,
      that is inseparable from present moment? That is ultimately the meaning of now.
      ~Eckhart Tolle

      All spiritual teachings are only
      meant to make us retrace
      our steps to our
      Original Source.
      We need not acquire anything new, only give
      up false ideas and useless accretions.
      Instead of doing this, we try to grasp something
      strange and mysterious because we believe happiness
      lies elsewhere. This is a mistake.

        - Ramana Maharshi

      From "The Essential Teachings of Ramana Maharshi"
      posted to Along The Way

      "Your vision will become clear
      only when you look into your heart.
      Who looks outside, dreams.
      Who looks inside, awakens."
      ~ Carl Jung

      from Emilie, a NDH reader

      Every month the disciple faithfully sent his Master an
      account of his progress.
      In the first month he wrote: “I feel an expansion of
      consciousness and experience my oneness with the
      universe.” The Master glanced at the note and threw it away.
      The following month, this is what he had to say: “I have
      finally discovered that the Divine is present in all things.”
      The Master seemed disappointed.
      The third month the disciple’s words enthusiastically
      exclaimed: “The mystery of the One and the many have
      been revealed to my wondering gaze.” The Master shook
      his head and again threw the letter away.
      The next letter said: “No one is born, no one lives, and no
      one dies, for the ego-self is not.” The Master threw his hands
      up in utter despair.
      After that a month passed by, then two, then five months—
      and finally a whole year without another letter. The Master
      thought it was time to remind his disciple of his duty to
      keep him informed of his spiritual progress.
      Then the disciple wrote back: “Who cares?”
      When the Master read those words a look of great
      satisfaction spread over his face.

      3 photos by Alan Larus