#3970 - Sunday, August 1, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3970, Sunday, August 1, 2010

      Thoughts are impediments to seeing your own face. Don't give rise to any thought, and discover who you are.

      - Papaji

      If we allow our thoughts to arise and dissolve by themselves, they will pass through our mind as a bird flies through the sky, without leaving a trace.

      This method applies not only to attachment and anger but also to the experiences of meditation, such as bliss, clarity and the absence of thought.

      These experiences result from perseverance in practice and the expression of the inherent creativity of the mind. They are like the appearance of a rainbow as the rays of the sun strike a curtain of rain.

      For us to become attached to them is as vain as running after a rainbow in hopes of wearing it as a coat.

      We should simply allow thoughts and experiences to come and go, without grasping at them.

      - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, posted to DailyDharma

      Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won't die. You will come to life. And don't be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it's their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don't be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.

      - Eckhart Tolle, from A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

      Beyond All Seeking

      Seeking is based on a
      fundamental assumption
      of incompleteness.

      Beyond all seeking
      lies the discovery of
      Infinite Completeness...
      an undeniable recognition
      that nothing is missing.

      - Metta Zetty

      Self-realized people do not see "others." The question of others does not arise. They will see one thing everywhere; the others are also included in that vision of the One. When you see the ocean, you have seen all the waters. There is no need of seeing different drops. The "other people" question will not arise, because they will be merged together with that Universal Being.

      - Swami Krishnananda, posted to AlongTheWay

      There can be no Self-realized person because where Self-realization is, the difference between self and others has disappeared and along with it the doership and identity of the individual pseudo-personality.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, from A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      Mooji "I Am That":

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeXR86ut1wA&feature=related