#3962 - Saturday, July 24, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3962, Saturday, July 24, 2010

      Do not try to own each moment.
      Let the moment be all by itself.

      what does this mean?
      our thoughts tumble into our mouths,
      bumping into each other to be heard,
      what if there were no tumbling?

      no planning, no announcing, no owning.
      Then each moment would be free to dance
      to its own music..
      without our grabbin' a baton to lead the way.

      And we would be free, to peek behind
      the torrent and spy our own band,
      fully rehearsed, ready to entertain
      with no words... just ecstasy.

      - dg, posted to DailyDharma

      To be here, all you have to do is let go of who you think you are. That's all! And then you realize, "I'm here." Here is where thoughts aren't believed. Every time you come here, you are nothing. Radiantly nothing. Absolutely and eternally zero. Emptiness that is awake. Emptiness that is full. Emptiness that is everything.

      Adyashanti, posted to Distillation

      One must be willing to stand alone - in the unknown, with no reference to authority or the past or any of one's conditioning. One must stand where no one has stood before in complete nakedness, innocence, and humility.

      - Adyashanti, posted to Distillation

      TIRED OF SPEAKING SWEETLY

      Love wants to reach out and manhandle us,
      Break all our teacup talk of God.

      If you had the courage and
      Could give the Beloved His choice, some nights,
      He would just drag you around the room
      By your hair,
      Ripping from your grip all those toys in the world
      That bring you no joy.

      Love sometimes gets tired of speaking sweetly
      And wants to rip to shreds
      All your erroneous notions of truth

      That make you fight within yourself, dear one,
      And with others,

      Causing the world to weep
      On too many fine days.

      God wants to manhandle us.
      Lock us inside of a tiny room with Himself
      And practice His dropkick.

      The Beloved sometimes wants
      To do us a great favor:

      Hold us upside down
      And shake all the nonsense out.

      But when we hear
      He is in such a "playful drunken mood"
      Most everyone I know
      Quickly packs their bags and hightails it
      Out of town.

      - Hafiz, from The Gift - versions of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky,  posted to allspirit

      Let your will burn in this fire so that it takes you nowhere else. Let your self be burned in this fire of eternity, love and peace. Don't be afraid of this fire, it is love itself. This desire for freedom is the fire of love!

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      Don't look at your form, however ugly or beautiful.
      Look at love and at the aim of your quest.

      O you whose lips are parched, keep looking for water.
      Those parched lips are proof that eventually you will
      reach the source.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi, III: 1438/1440, from Breathing Truth - Quotations from Jalaluddin Rumi, selected and translated by Muriel Maufroy, posted to Sunlight