#3953 - Thursday, July 15, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2010

      #3953 - Thursday, July 15, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      I wish I could show you
      when you are lonely or in darkness
      the astonishing light of your own being.

      ~Hafiz

      Belle Heywood on FB

      photo by Mazie Lane on Facebook

      E.B. White, author of Charlotte's Web, said: "I arise in the morning
      torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy
      the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

      from Writer's Almanac

      And we pray, not
      for new earth or heaven, but to be
      quiet in heart, and in eye,
      clear. What we need is here.

      - Wendell Berry

      When the earth is dying there shall arise a new tribe of all colors and all creeds.
      This tribe shall be called The Warriors of the Rainbow
      and it will put its faith in actions not words.

      - Hopi Prophesy

      Belle Heywood on Facebook

      Marianne Williamson shares with us: "I think that what we are called upon to
      do in a time when we see so much evil, is to have the moral grandeur and
      spiritual audacity to believe in good, to proclaim it, to stand in
      conviction. To take the people who truly do evil and yes, to hold them
      accountable in appropriate ways, that goes without saying. But to
      nevertheless stand for the possibility of human redemption that turns even
      the hardest hearts."

      Thich Nhat Hanh says:
      "According to the Buddha's teachings, the most basic condition for happiness
      is freedom. Here we do not mean political freedom, but freedom from the
      mental formations of anger, despair, jealousy and delusion. These mental
      formations are described by the Buddha as poisons. As long as these poisons
      are still in our heart, happiness can not be possible.

      Nita B de R on Facebook

      "The everyday practice of dzogchen is just everyday life itself. Since the undeveloped state does not exist, there is no need to behave in any special way or attempt to attain anything above and beyond what you actually are. There should be no feeling of striving to reach some 'amazing goal' or 'advanced state.'

      To strive for such a state is a neurosis which only conditions us and serves to obstruct the free flow of Mind. We should also avoid thinking of ourselves as worthless persons - we are naturally free and unconditioned. We are intrinsically enlightened and lack nothing."

                                  ~H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

      From the website
      www.nyingma.com
      posted to Daily Dharma by anipachen

      "Love gives us in a moment
      what we can hardly attain
      by effort after years of toil."

      - Goethe

      James Hurley on Facebook

      [photo by Alan Larus on Facebook]

      Now I become myself. It's taken
      Time, many years and places,
      I have been dissolved and shaken,
      Worn other people's faces,
      Run madly, as if Time were there,
      Terribly old, crying a warning,
      "hurry, you will be dead before -----"
      (What? Before you reach the morning?
      or the end of the poem, is clear?
      Or love safe in the walled city?)
      Now to stand still, to be here,
      Feel my own weight and density!.....
      Now there is time and Time is young.
      O, in this single hour I live
      All of myself and do not move
      I, the pursued, who madly ran,
      Stand still, stand still, and stop the Sun!

      ~ May Sarton ~

      (Collected Poems 1930-1993)