#3950 - Monday, July 12, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2010

      #3950 - Monday, July 12, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Re my past issue: "Finding my mind isn't mine" had a non-working link to the video. Here are some substitutions.

      Sense of I and out of body experiences

      To exist means to be something, a thing, a feeling,
      a thought, an idea.  All existence is particular.
      Only being is universal, in the sense that every
      being is compatible with every other being.
      Existences clash, being - never.  Existence means
      becoming, change, birth and death and birth again,
      while in being there is silent peace.

                              - Nisargadatta Maharaj
      posted to Along The Way

      The Wisdom of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      "Liberation is never of the person, it is always from the person."

      "There can be no such thing as changeless consciousness. Changelessness wipes
      out consciousness immediately. A man deprived of outer and inner sensations
      blanks out, or goes beyond consciousness and unconsciousness into the birthless
      and deathless state."

      "Discard every self-seeking motive as soon as it is seen and you need not search
      for truth; truth will find you."

      "Under the right teacher, the disciple learns to learn, not to remember and
      obey. Satsang, the company of the noble, does not mold, it liberates. Beware
      of all that makes you dependent."

      posted to A Net of Jewels

      photo by Alan Larus on Facebook

      "As the sun on rising makes the world active, so does self-awareness
      affect changes in the mind. In the light of calm and steady self-awareness,
      inner energies wake up and work miracles without any effort on your part. "

      "With some, realization comes imperceptibly, but somehow they need
      convincing. They have changed, but they do not notice it. Such
      non-spectacular cases are often the most reliable."

      -- Nisargadatta

      posted by Sandra Ma Percy on Facebook

      On realization, you feel complete, fulfilled, free from the pleasure-pain
      complex, and yet not always able to explain what happened, why and how.
      You can put it only in negative terms: "Nothing is wrong with me any longer".
      It is only by comparison with the past that you know that you are out of it.
      Otherwise, you are just yourself.

      -- Sri Nisargadatta

      posted by Tom Thompson on Facebook

      photo by Alan Larus on Facebook

      Message from Stillness Speaks

      Rupert Spira is doing a live event at One Spirit in NYC Thursday, July 15 through Sunday, July 18.
      The details are on stillnessspeaks.com in our “store” under Live Events. Click on this link and it will direct you to the specific details of the event, as well as the ability to purchase tickets.

      "In our meetings we simply take our stand knowingly as Presence itself and explore the beliefs and feelings that suggest that we are anything less than this absolute freedom and love itself."

      Author of The Transparency of Things, Rupert leads meetings and retreats worldwide. Please see his website for further details:

      http://non-duality.rupertspira.com

      ED NOTE: This NYC event is an unbelievable (to me, anyway) mere $15 a day. Listen to or watch some interviews on his website. He is quite special, indeed. -Gloria

      And PS. If you are unable to click on "word only" links or see photos, it is likely due to being subscribed to the daily digest version, which is in plain text. You can switch to the "receive one message a day" by selecting edit membership on our yahoo page. Another alternative is to view the messages as posted on the yahoo site.