#3949 - Sunday, July 11, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12 10:18 AM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3949, Sunday, July 11, 2010

      To cast off the self means to simply and profoundly stop grasping. It doesn't mean to extinguish or destroy anything, because there's nothing to extinguish. Although in Buddhism the teachings are often presented as negation - not this - this is actually a resounding affirmation. Because you are not who you think you are, you can realize and actualize your real nature which is so much larger

      . It is vast, without boundaries.

      ~ Geoffrey Shugen Arnold Sensei, posted to DailyDharma

      Janaka said:

      He who by nature is empty-minded, and who thinks of things only unintentionally, is freed from deliberate remembering like one awakened from a dream. 14.1

      When my desire has been eliminated, I have no wealth, friends, robbers, senses, scriptures or knowledge. 14.2

      Realising my supreme self-nature in the Person of the Witness, the Lord,and the state of desirelessness in bondage or liberation, I feel no inclination for liberation. 14.3

      The various states of one who is free of uncertainty within, and who outwardly wanders about as he pleases like an idiot, can only be known by someone in the same condition. 14.4

      - from the Ashtavakra Gita, posted to allspirit

      STOP BEING SO RELIGIOUS

      What
      Do sad people have in
      Common?

      It seems
      They have all built a shrine
      To the past

      And often go there
      And do a strange wail and
      Worship.

      What is the beginning of
      Happiness?

      It is to stop being
      So religious

      Like

      That.

      - Hafiz, posted to AlongTheWay

      Forgetfulness of self is remembrance of God.

      Bayazid Al-Bistami, posted to Distillation

      The fool and the wise man are not different. They are merely looking in different directions. While the fool is looking only at his mentations, the wise man looks at Nothing or Infinity.

      hello dear ones: below are links to the first North American Kagyu Monlam, which is held at monastery where old woman lives and works (well, at least pretends). Nuns and monks (love to put it in that order) from around the world are coming here for five days to pray for world peace. Maybe watch what is going on.. and join us.. in this dedication to bringing some peace to our sometimes weary world.. and even the world in our own heart.

      love,
      dharma grandmother

      you can go to our homepage and click on the Monlam graphic and the streaming video any time through July 17th. It will warm my heart to know you are sharing this at some point...

      http://www.kagyu.org