#3948, Saturday - July 10, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3948, Saturday, July 10, 2010

      Consciousness is the sense of knowingness `I am' without words, and it appeared unknowingly and unsolicited. Only in the realm of knowingness `I am' - the consciousness - can a world be, and so also an experience. Hold on to this knowingness `I am' and the fount of knowledge will well up within you, revealing the mystery of the Universe; of your body and psyche; of the play of the five elements, the three `gunas' and `prakriti-purusha'; and of everything else. In the process of this revelation, your individualistic personality confined to the body shall expand into the manifested universe, and it will be realized that you permeate and embrace the entire cosmos as your `body' only. This is known as the `Pure Super-knowledge'- `Shuddhavijnana'.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      Listen, O drop, give yourself up without regret,
      and in exchange gain the Ocean.
      Listen, O drop, bestow upon yourself this honor,
      and in the arms of the Sea be secure.
      Who indeed should be so fortunate?
      An Ocean wooing a drop!
      In God's name, in God's name, sell and buy at once!
      Give a drop, and take this Sea full of pearls.

      - Rumi, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, from Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance, posted to AlongTheWay

      That sounds wonderful...

      Good poetry
      Makes a beautiful naked woman
      Materialize from
      Words,

      Who then says,
      With a sword precariously waving
      In her hands,

      "If you look at my loins
      I will cut off your head,

      And reach down and grab your spirit
      By its private parts,

      And carry you off to heaven
      Squealing in joy."

      Hafiz says,
      "That sounds wonderful, just
      Wonderful.

      Someone please - start writing
      Some great
      Lines."

      - Hafiz, from The subject tonight is love - versions by Daniel Ladinsky

      Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

      - Lao Tzu

      Take a moment just to be still, to be here, regardless of what is passing through you. Recognize that you are the hereness that all is passing through. All the changes, sights, sounds, smells, emotions, thoughts, information, events, births, and deaths are all passing through the ever-present stillness that is here now in the core of your being.

      - Gangaji