#3943 - Monday, July 5, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2010
      #3943 - Monday, July 5, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      You see people suffer and you seek the
      best way of helping them. The answer is
      obvious - first put you
      rself beyond the
      need of help. Be sure your attitude is of
      pure goodwill, free of expectation of any
      kind.Those who seek mere happiness may end
      up in sublime indifference, while love
      will never rest. As to method, there is only
      love - you must come to know yourself - both
      what you appear to be and what you are. Clarity
      and charity go together - each needs and
      strengthens the other.

      ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

      Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of
      Universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human,
      but also human to other forms of life.
      ~ Dalai Lama

      photo from "Ashes and Snow"

      Your love of the world is the reflection of your love of yourself,
      for your world is of your own creation. Light and love are impersonal,
      but they are reflected in your mind as knowing and wishing oneself well.
      We are always friendly toward ourselves, but not always wise.
      A yogi is a man whose goodwill is allied to wisdom.

      ~ Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      We can be aware of our Source of Being. The illusions of the mind
      may hold our love for a time, but to love Love itself, we must turn within.
      The soul's longing for its true Home is the guide to finding this Love.
      Follow the lover of the Beloved back upstream to your Source.

      ~ St. John of the Cross

      All above posted by Kia Pierce on Facebook

      photo posted by Mazie Lane on Facebook

      "The secrets of the truth won't be revealed through
      asking too many questions. From all this talk,
      no one finds the way to ecstasy."

      ~ Rumi

      "We're fascinated by the words, but where we meet
      is in the silence behind them."

      ~ Ram Dass

      "Be quiet in your mind, quiet in your senses,
      and also quiet in your body.
      Then, when all these are quiet, don't do anything.
      In that state truth will reveal itself to you."

      ~ Kabir

      posted by Cathy Ginter on Facebook

      photo posted by Mazie Lane on Facebook