HIGHLIGHTS of Friday June 30, 2000

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2000
      JUDI on HUMILITY

      To a visitor who described himself as a seeker after Truth the Master
      said,
      "If what you seek is Truth, there is one thing you must have above all
      else."

      "I know. An overwhelming passion for it."

      "No. An unremitting readiness to admit you may be wrong."

      Anthony de Mello, SJ

      COMMENTS on "A Vulgar Alarm"

      MATTHEW

      Well put Nullone, i often have the same feelings about some of the
      stuff that people prattle on about here (or anywhere). But my
      question to you is; are you going to be a part of the problem or a
      part of the solution? (sorry about being so dualistic). What that
      means is: are you going to actually participate here (rather than
      just continuing to be a voyuer) and try to bring the topic of
      conversation in a direction that you feel is more in line with our
      higher impulses. Or will you just continue to criticize. Constructive
      criticism (for which i give you the benefit of the doubt, and take
      your post to be)is always useful. After that, it is either put up or
      shut up. Or is that shit or get off the pot? Or is it, if the Foo
      shits, wear it? Or put your best foot forward? Oh hell i can never
      keep all these things straight. It's a good thig realization doesn't
      depend on having a good memory and having to understand anything.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      NULL ONE (CARL)
      here we go ...

      there is no need for anything at all

      yet if this group purports to be a vessel intended to take like-minded passengers to
      a 'further shore', or at least attempt to, what happens to the boat if we all go so
      exuberantly go off-topic?

      the chatter in this group is a reflection of the chatter in our heads. what a
      wonderful opportunity to see this! a mirror! insofar as we see and attempt to
      transgress the condition, then we are fortunate, and there is nothing wrong with
      anything going on here. otherwise what do you see? take a good look. a bunch of
      personalities, a bunch of preferences, dislikes and allegiances. we get personally
      involved, we piss around our bush and get territorial.

      if you take 'it' seriously (yes in a fun way, but seriously), then you get indignant
      when somebody neglects it, or craps on it, or makes its attainment more difficult for
      'others' by any means, because it is a precious thing. you have felt its value. you
      act on behalf of that which cannot speak for itself other than through your own
      mouth.

      i want nothing more than for us to remember our original face. every one of 'us'.
      yet some of my respondents, as you can see, feel as if they 'own' the group. and any
      attempt to 'rock the boat' is taken as a personal affront. they 'own'. you can smell
      the contempt. i'm unearthing shit. fertilizer, something to work with. none of it is
      personal.

      many of the responses to my VULGAR ALARM post illustrates it. the latest respondent
      took 'ownership' in their own way by turning this forum into a personal
      messageboard.if we cannot engage in the art of describing the indescribable (which
      requires its living vision), then our time is better spent in pointing out the
      un-artful than in going on about anything whatsoever. it's a back door. another
      technique. the negative path.

      we can arrive at a place where it becomes beautifully obvious that 'I' am talking to
      'I' in other skins, other lives, over these wires, right now. you just have to want
      to. that's all. anything less is relatively unmagical, and in this group it is also a
      waste of opportunity.

      the mind should just sit in the back seat and shut up.

      nil most certainly est omnia

      love
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Null One (Carl) wrote:

      > If this group never had it before, it now needs guidance. otherwise
      > we're lost. and very very common.

      Judi:
      ***********
      I'd be glad to help!
      You can only be lost if you think you're going somewhere.

      Null One (Carl):
      and you may not get anywhere, if you don't think you need to

      Judi:
      ********* Is that a problem?

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      MICHAEL

      The null set is less than nothing.

      Pay it no heed! :-))
      -----
      Laugh when happy
      Cry when sad
      Stub your toe
      Curse like mad!
      -----

      All of this crazy madcap universe is the play of THAT.
      There is no duality. No difference between anything.
      You can have all of the duality you want. Just remember that
      it is all make-believe! :-))
      -------
      Ranting and raving is not compassion - it is just ranting
      and raving. Sound and fury signifying - nothing.

      -------

      Carlos, use a dictionary and brush up on your grammar! Oh, one more
      thing, shut your facist pie-hole, oh sanctimonious one. Offense
      offered! :-)) no offense offered :-))
      ----
      I AM THAT
      FIT, FAT
      AND FIESTY
      TODAY!
      ----
      HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

      Peace - Mu - Michael
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

      ANDREW

      There is not far, here is not near, the interior is not inside, the exterior is not
      outside. The clear light of the moon shines unobstructed
      in all places, where is there to go? The water in the pond is deep and transparent,
      don't be startled when the wind blows. Let it be as it is.
      There is no coming or going in emptiness. Because your cravings are many, you remain
      bound to the world. Just don't keep the mind on appearances. The truth is told to
      sweep away false ideas. If falseness does not appear, truth is invisible too. Know
      that truth and falsehood are both not so.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Set the controls for the heart of the son...

      Love, Mark
      ps I like nonsense, and I am going somewhere - past common into
      universal... just the one song, thanks. of course this is evidence of
      my egotism. I'm investigating my egotism. (and having temporary
      experiences along the way...)
      by the way, I like Carlos' little word things. yum.
      i don't care what the fuck I'm talking about
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      MANCHINE:
      Sincerely, Carl, thank for this.

      There is much truth in your words, in every way.
      To speak, to remove ones self from "nothingness" is to become dual.

      It is an act of compassion, particularly when one knows what such
      an act can mean.

      I too realized, after your post, that I really was missing
      silent time, time to clean up a bit.

      But then, THIS is here for something. It's not always fun
      and easy. Self realization involves THIS, the knowledge that
      comes from the fabric of its experience.

      So, I am glad you are with us. Just please remember the
      compassion of our origninal face.

      But thanks for the jolt anyways.

      Dave

      CEE on "kinder, gentler negation"

      radiant friends,
      perhaps this is an easier way to grok* negation

      it seems there is a world of difference between seeing and being. the world
      of difference is
      the world we see. if we allow ourselves to gently relax our attention on
      what we are seeing
      (be it the waking dream or the dreaming dream) we can kindly allow our
      perception to release all it's objects.
      all objects include who we see as our self and the environment that one
      abides in.
      this is not a scary process because no matter how much you let go of,
      who you really are will always always be there. radiant and innately free
      without compromise,
      what (who) is true is always always true. let the seer stand alone.
      everything seen comes from and is dependent on the seer.
      finding the essence of the seer is what we are looking for. (hehe)

      pure being

      harsha said it best, "when awareness remains pure and unfocused
      [focused on nothing in particular and falling continuously upon itself,
      consuming itself]..."

      *a nds generation term from a kurt vonnegut novel meaning to deeply understand

      love, cee

      CARLOS DWA

      I am weak -- pathetic really.

      If I were not:
      I would always speak the truth from my heart.

      I would speak to the wise essence of others
      and not to the them that they know.

      I would speak with an intonation
      that shared the fullness of my being
      instead of protecting and hoarding
      what wealth made there lie.

      Prayers would be unnecessary --
      every utterance and thought would be a prayer.
      Meditation would be redundant --
      every step and gesture -- every movement
      and stillness
      would be meditation.

      If I could be myself
      which is not myself
      but of whose wholeness I am a part
      -- whose allness breathes me --
      I would gather friends around me
      and delight but not be lost
      in their company.

      (c) Carlos Dwa 1999

      XAN offers Gibran

      Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
      And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises
      was oftentimes filled with your tears.
      And how else can it be?
      The deeper that sorrow carves into your being,
      the more joy you can contain.
      Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup
      that was burned in the potter's oven?
      And is not the lute that soothes your spirit,
      the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

      When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find
      it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
      When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see
      that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

      Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow,"
      and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."
      But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
      Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board,
      remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.
      Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
      Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.

      ~ Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

      The purpose of being born is fulfilled
      in the space between "I am ..."
      and "... That."