#3928, Sunday - June 20, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3928, Sunday, June 20, 2010

      ...divest yourself of the idea that you are the body with the help of the contrary idea that you are not the body. It is also an idea, no doubt; treat it like something to be abandoned when its work is done.

      The idea that I am not the body gives reality to the body, when in fact, there is no such thing as body; it is but a state of mind.

      There is no such thing as a person. There are only restrictions and limitations. The sum total of these defines the person.

      Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to Distillation

      We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.

      Kalu Rinpoche

      Identity dream

      Dear friend
      Futilely you believe
      "I am that" or "This is me"...
      Abandon the empty dreams of identity
      Give up all beliefs & thoughts,
      Ideas "I am he" or "it" or "she"...
      Watch, enquire for yourself and see:
      In truth you are not...nor this nor that.
      There is no particular "I" or "me".
      All self is one, all containing... Silence.
      Boundless, whole and indivisible.
      So
      Just let yourself
      Be!

      - Yosy Flug, posted to SufiMystic

      in the beginning, Silence

      i.

      when I was a Willow, I wanted to know
      Wind, so I bent close
      to you, River,
      I shivered with delight,
      and now the passage of time
      marks our return
      and we are humans,
      I tremble with your touch,
      You are water inside my earth,
      breath upon my skin,
      your lips speaking and parting
      this silence
      with poems.

      ii.

      I love you as the wild geese love the sky,
      as clouds drift over the canopy of leaf and bark,
      leave their impression;
      images we have
      seen, links to broken toys, to faces we have known,
      to angels of fire, standing guard

      iii.

      homeward bound,
      emerald mansions we leave,