#3927 - Saturday, June 19, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3927, Saturday, June 19, 2010

      This is work that is alive,
      Effervescent, free, liberated,
      Gloriously enlightened,
      True, and great.
      Do you think it can be attained
      By people who shut the door
      And sit quietly with blank minds?

      - Liu I-Ming, posted to DailyDharma

      There's something more that must happen

      Meditation and self-discipline
      are not all that's needed, nor even
      a deep longing to go through
      the door of freedom.

      You may dissolve in contemplation,
      as salt does in water,
      but there's something more
      that must happen.

      - Lalla, posted to AlongTheWay

      Make it a habit to ask yourself: What's going on inside me at this moment? That question will point you in the right direction. But don't analyze, just watch. Focus your attention within. Feel the energy of the emotion. If there is no emotion present, take your attention more deeply into the inner energy field of your body. It is the doorway into Being.

      - Eckhart Tolle, from The Power of Now

      There is in the body a current of energy, affection and intelligence, which guides, maintains and energizes the body. Discover that current and stay with it.

      The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some super human accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with being. It is a state of connectedness with something immeasurable and indestructible, something that, almost paradoxically, is essentially you and yet is much greater than you. It is finding your true nature beyond name and form.

      - Eckhart Tolle, from The Power of Now

      A General Introductory Lecture

      A nightingale flies nearer the roses.
      A girl blushes. Pomegranates ripen.

      Hallaj will be executed. A man walks
      a mountain path, solitary and full of

      prayer. Trust grows for nine months,
      then a new being appears. Narcissus

      at the edge, creekwater washing tree
      roots: God is giving a general intro-

      ductory lecture. We hear and read it
      everywhere, in the field, through the

      branches. We'll never finish studying.
      Neither of us has a penny, yet we're

      walking the jewelers' bazaar seriously
      considering making a purchase! Or

      shall I say this with other metaphors?
      A barn crowded with souls. Quietness

      served around a table. Two people talk
      along a road that's paved with words.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, with Nevit Ergin from The Glance, posted to Sunlight

      You have fallen in love my dear heart
      Congratulations!

      You have freed yourself from all attachments
      Congratulations!

      You have given up both worlds to be on your own
      the whole creation praises your solitude
      Congratulations!

      Your disbelief has turned into belief
      your bitterness, into sweetness
      Congratulations!

      You have now entered into Love's fire, my pure heart
      Congratulations!

      Inside the Sufi's heart there is always a feast
      dear heart, you are celebrating
      Congratulations!

      My heart, I have seen how your tears turned into a sea
      now every wave keeps saying
      Congratulations!

      O silent lover, seeker of the higher planes,
      may the Beloved always be with you
      Congratulations!

      You have struggled hard, may you grow wings and fly
      Congratulations!

      Keep slient my dear heart, you have done so well
      Congratulations!

      - Rumi Ghazal (Ode) 623, translated by Azima Melita Kolin and Maryam Mafi, from Hidden Music, posted to Sunlight