#3923 - Monday, June 14, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

  • Gloria
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2010

      #3923 - Monday, June 14, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nonduality Highlights

      "Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal."
      E.O. Wilson, biologist

      _________________________________

      When They Sleep

      By Rolf Jacobsen
      (1907 - 1994)

      English version by Robert Hedin

      All people are children when they sleep.
      there's no war in them then.
      They open their hands and breathe
      in that quiet rhythm heaven has given them.
      They pucker their lips like small children
      and open their hands halfway,
      soldiers and statesmen, servants and masters.
      The stars stand guard
      and a haze veils the sky,
      a few hours when no one will do anybody harm.
      If only we could speak to one another then
      when our hearts are half-open flowers.
      Words like golden bees
      would drift in.
      - God, teach me the language of sleep.

      www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

      ________________________

      There is a whisper, but it's louder than the wind.
      It calls to us, "Come Home. The story is over, the pages are worn thin. Come
      home." It's like a chant,
      a sacred OM underlying all else. It requires no doing anything, or going
      anywhere or becoming anything.
      If only we see that we are this whispering sound,
      all else will dissolve into peace.

      ~Rafael Stoneman

      I have posted some poems from Rafael Stoneman at:

      http://allspirit.co.uk/rafael.html

      Enjoy!

      What is This?

      Martine Bachelor offers a Korean Zen koan practice to refresh our minds and open us to creative wisdom.

      By Martine Bachelor

      excerpt

      Master Kusan was reputed to have had three awakenings—breakthroughs in understanding confirmed by his teacher—and still he continued to ask the question. A Western monk asked him why he continued questioning. After three awakenings, surely he must have found the answer. Master Kusan told him it did not work that way. As you meditated with this question, the practice developed in its own way and slowly evolved. So of course we asked him how he did the questioning at that point.

      He would not answer. He said that we had to find this out by ourselves. Any descriptions of his would give us misconceptions.

      The most important part of the practice is for the question to remain alive and for your whole body and mind to become a question. In Zen they say that you have to ask with the pores of your skin and the marrow of your bones. A Zen saying points out: Great questioning, great awakening; little questioning, little awakening; no questioning, no awakening.

      http://www.tricycle.com/-practice/what-this?offer=dharma