3915 - Saturday, June 5, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3915, Saturday, June 5, 2010

      To see everything as imagination born of desire is necessary for self-realization. We miss the real by lack of attention and create the unreal by excess of imagination.

      We can smile, breathe, walk, and eat our meals in a way that allows us to be in touch with the abundance of happiness that is available. We are very good at preparing to live, but not very good at living. We know how to sacrifice ten years for a diploma, and we are willing to work very hard to get a job, a car, a house, and so on. But we have difficulty remembering that we are alive in the present moment, the only moment there is for us to be alive. Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity. We need only to be awake, alive in the present moment.

      - Thich Nhat Hahn, posted to The_Now2

      Gradually as over and over again the temptation comes to say, "I need; I want; I haven't enough; I am insufficient;" we remember that our sufficiency is in the Infinite Invisible.

      . Material living puts its faith in forms of good. Spiritual living makes use of that which is in the world; it enjoys the form, but its reliance is on that which is the substance of the form, or that which has created the form, the Invisible. All spiritual revelation has shown that the substance of this universe is in us. Our consciousness is the substance of our world.

      - Joel Goldsmith, posted to The_Now2

      Mindfulness is mirror-thought. It reflects only what is presently hapĀ­pening and in exactly the way it is happening. There are no biases.

      Mindfulness is nonjudgmental observation. It is that ability of the mind to observe without criticism. With this ability, one sees things without condemnation or judgment. One is surprised by nothing. One simply takes a balanced interest in things exactly as they are in their natural states. One does not decide and does not judge. One just observes. Please note that when we say, "One does not decide and does not judge," what we mean is that the meditator observes experiences very much like a scientist observing an object under a microscope without any preconceived notions, only to see the object exactly as it is. In the same way, the meditator notices impermanence, unsatisfactoriness, and selflessness.

      - Bhante Gunaratana, from Voices of Insight, posted to DailyDharma

      To look at everything, trying to see what is behind it, to see it in its right light, requires divine illumination, a spiritual outlook on life. And this outlook is attained by the increase of compassion. The more compassion one has in one's heart, the more the world will begin to look different.

      -Hazrat Inayat Khan, Mastery Through Accomplishment, posted to AlongTheWay

      You live, you feel, you think. By giving attention to your living, feeling and thinking, you free yourself from them and go beyond them. Your personality dissolves and only the witness remains. Then you go beyond the witness. Do not ask how it happens. Just search within yourself.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      You play with the great globe of
      union, you that see everyone so

      clearly and cannot be seen. Even
      universal intelligence gets blurry

      when it thinks you might leave.
      You came here alone, but you create

      hundreds of new worlds. Spring is
      a peacock flirting with revelation.

      The rose gardens flame. Ocean
      enters the boat. I throw it all

      away, except this love for Shams.

      - Rumi, Ode (Ghazal) 2368, version by Coleman Barks, from The Soul of Rumi, posted to Sunlight