#3913 - Thursday, June 3, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010

      #3913 - Thursday, June 3, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights

      The Moor

      By R. S. Thomas
      (1913 - 2000)

      It was like a church to me.
      I entered it on soft foot,
      Breath held like a cap in the hand.
      It was quiet.
      What God was there made himself felt,
      Not listened to, in clean colours
      That brought a moistening of the eye,
      In movement of the wind over grass.

      There were no prayers said. But stillness
      Of the heart's passions -- that was praise
      Enough; and the mind's cession
      Of its kingdom. I walked on,
      Simple and poor, while the air crumbled
      And broke on me generously as bread.

      -- from For Lovers of God Everywhere: Poems of the Christian Mystics, by Roger Housden

      / Photo by xelcise /

      Poetry Chaikhana Home

      CLARITY IS FREEDOM

      I had tea yesterday with a great theologian,
      and he asked me,

      "What is your experience of God's will?"

      I liked that question –
      for the distillation of thought hones thought in others.
      Clarity, I know, is freedom.

      What is my experience of God's will?

      Everyone is a traveler.  Most all need lodging, food,
      and clothes.

      I let enter my mouth what will enrich me.  I wear what
      will make my eye content,
      I sleep where I will
      wake with the
      strength to
      deeply
      love

      all my mind can
      hold.

      What is God's will for a wing?
      Every bird knows
      that.

      ~ St. Teresa of Avila ~

      (Love Poems From God: Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and West by Daniel Ladinsky)

      TAVERN HAUNTERS

      This tavern is the abode of lovers,
      the place where the bird of the soul nests,
      this rest house has no existence
      in a world that has no form.
      The dwellers here are headless and footless,
      neither faithful nor infidels,
      they have renounced both good and evil.
      they are beyond traditions, visions and states,
      beyond dreaming of secret rooms, of lights
      and miracles.

      Mahmud Shabistari

      posted by Tom McFerran