#3908 - Saturday, May 29, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 10:40 AM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3908, Saturday, May 29, 2010

      You are the forest

      you are all the great trees
      in the forest

      you are bird and beast
      playing in and out
      of all the trees

      O lord white as jasmine
      filling and filled by all

      why don't you
      show me your face?

      - Akka Mahadevi (12th Century), English version by A. K. Ramanujan, posted to allspirit

      Ram Tzu knows this...

      God doesn't care
      What you had for lunch.
      He created tofu and sausage
      With the same thought.

      Yet you advanced ones
      Swell with pride
      Convinced your special diet
      Is a shortcut to heaven.

      Clever you.
      Who would have ever thought
      To look there.

      The fools go on eating poison
      In blissful ignorance.
      Too stupid and unspiritual
      Not to enjoy their
      Ice cream, French fries, and red meat.

      Ram Tzu says...

      Far better to die a single death
      Than a thousand little daily ones.

      - Ram Tzu, posted to AlongTheWay

      It is never too late to give up your prejudices.

      - Henry David Thoreau, posted to Distillation

      What lies behind us
      and what lies before us
      are tiny matters compared to
      what lies within us.

      - Ralph Waldo Emerson, posted to AlongTheWay

      The only thing you know as a matter of certainty is the fact I AM. But you do not know who this "I" is. One must first find out precisely who or what it is that is seeking truth and happiness before there is any possibility of knowing the transcendental Reality.

      Just as the difference between the space in a pot and the space outside it disappears when the pot is demolished, so also does duality disappear when it is realized that the difference between the individual consciousness and the Universal Consciousness does not in fact exist.

      We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.

      Kalu Rinpoche, posted to Distillation