#3901 - Saturday, May 22, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3901, Saturday, May 22, 2010

      Every sensory and conceptual experience is an illusion. what you see, hear, touch, and taste is really the Unmanifest, the within of the without with which we are surrounded on all sides.

      You embrace some form
      saying, "I am this."

      but you are not this
      or that or the other

      you are "Unique One"
      "Heartravishing"

      you are throne and palace and king
      you are bird and snare and fowler

      like water in a jar and river
      are in essence the same

      you and spirit are the same

      your every idol
      prostrates before you

      your every thought-form
      perishes
      in your formlessness.

      - Rumi, posted to DailyDharma

      The notions that I am "this" or "that" are not the root of the problem. It is the idea that I am an "I" at all. All the self-limiting notions are just so many labels that have been added to that core concept.

      -  John Wheeler

      Ten

      The ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle: Totally fascinated by the realm of the senses, it swings from one desire to the next, one conflict to the next, one self-centered idea to the next. If you threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go. Let desires go. Let conflicts go. Let ideas go. Let the fiction of life and death go. Just remain in the center, watching. And then forget that you are there.

      - Lao Tzu, from the Hua Hu Ching, translated by Brian Walker

      Letting Go

      With each experience of letting go,
      we loosen the grip
      of our finite and limited identity -