#3900 - Friday, May 21, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21 9:46 PM

      #3900 - Friday, May 21, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nonduality Highlights

      "Any consciousness whatsoever
      that is past, future, or present;
      internal or external;
      blatant or subtle;
      common or sublime;
      far or near --

      every consciousness
      is to be seen
      as it actually is
      with right discernment as:

      'This is not mine.
      This is not my self.
      This is not what I am."

      ~Anatta-lakkhana Sutta
      Buddha

      Thanks to Bob O'Hearn

      "We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
      The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come." —Joseph Campbell

      Ascetics wander shrine to shrine,
      looking for what can only come
      from visiting the soul.

      Study the mystery you embody.
      When you look up from that,
      the dub grass looks fresher
      a little ways off, and even more
      green farther on.  Stay here.

                         - Lalla
                           14th Century North Indian mystic

      posted to Along The Way

      And the days are not full enough
      And the nights are not full enough
      And life slips by like a field mouse
      Not shaking the grass.

      Ezra Pound

      http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/Shores/And_the_days.htm

      The tide rises, the tide falls,
      The twilight darkens, the curlew calls;
      Along the sea-sands damp and brown
      The traveler hastens toward the town,
      And the tide rises, the tide falls.

      Darkness settles on roofs and walls,
      But the sea, the sea in darkness calls;
      The little waves, with their soft, white hands
      Efface the footprints in the sands,
      And the tide rises, the tide falls.

      The morning breaks; the steeds in their stalls
      Stamp and neigh, as the hostler calls;
      The day returns, but nevermore
      Returns the traveler to the shore.
      And the tide rises, the tide falls.

      - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

      http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/Shores/The_tide_rises.htm

      From Blossoms

      From blossoms comes
      this brown paper bag of peaches
      we bought from the joy
      at the bend in the road where we turned toward
      signs painted Peaches.

      From laden boughs, from hands,
      from sweet fellowship in the bins,
      comes nectar at the roadside, succulent
      peaches we devour, dusty skin and all,
      comes the familiar dust of summer, dust we eat.

      O, to take what we love inside,
      to carry within us an orchard, to eat
      not only the skin, but the shade,
      not only the sugar, but the days, to hold
      the fruit in our hands, adore it, then bite into
      the round jubilance of peach.

      There are days we live
      as if death were nowhere
      in the background; from joy