HIGHLIGHTS of Wednesday, June 28

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2000
      MANCHINE (Dave)

      I went through a 6 month investigation of other dimensions,
      looking for stuff that wasn't physical, through lucid dreaming.
      In one dream, I separated from myself and began talking to myself.
      Then I moved out of myself and into my other self. I was still talking
      to me, but I was somewhere completely different. I was so mystified
      by this new place that I forgot about my "other me". Looking out
      the window, it was another world. I looked at my hands, and they were
      still there, as solid and as firm as anything. I heard a voice, like it
      was far in the background, telling me "don't go". I wasn't really listening,
      it said "you don't know this world, don't go, there's no way back".

      I looked around and saw my other me. "This is, my world" it said. "If you
      stay you we lose everything, there's no way out", this will be your new
      world.

      I thought about it, it seemed nice here, calm, I could hardly remember
      my "real" world. I almost didn't go back, but the other me started to fade,
      without thinking I jumped into him and woke up.

      Well, all that reminds me a little of "this reality", here on Earth.

      Self created all this, all the details all the hardship and pain
      ego itself, and just chucked Himself into it until He found his way back.
      A journey of a lifetime, that never happened. It's essence IS compassion,
      as goodness and peace in pure "being" is the only way out.
      ~~~~~~~~~
      The beauty of all of this is not so much that nothing
      is real, because that "not so real stuff" is apt to break
      your nose if you walk into it; it's that its creation was
      a very compassionate "act" a very intense puzzle that creates
      knowledge as experience (for Self, right to an infinity of
      individual levels, one of them yours!). The rules are very strict,
      haven't you noticed that it is not intended to be passed along
      by word of mouth alone.

      You are awakening, to Self. Like awakening from a deep sleep
      there's a period of transition as you come to the greater
      realization.

      Keep on truckin' man. The ego burns to a cinder, in the fire
      of compassion, cleansed of all things.

      Everyone I meet is a manifestation of the I AM.
      Darnit I used to have it all figured out....

      Hoo-boy!

      HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

      Peace - Compassion - Michael

      ANDREW

      The experiencer is a function. A way of feeling things. It isn't an identity. It
      isn't
      me.
      ~~~~

      I get what you're saying Judi, and I agree, experience is experience,
      there is no distinction possible between sacred and profane
      You are talking of the experiencer as an entity,
      I'm speaking of it as a faculty like speech or the senses
      It is the sixth sense, the experiencer is the thinking faculty.
      There are the five external senses, then there is the one internal sense,
      which coordinates and interprets the five as well as projecting its
      own images. This is the experiencer. It is erroneously taken to be the self.
      Awakening is coming to realize that the experiencer is not the self,
      It is a gift like your beautiful eyes or mouth.

      *********
      Well there's no separation you see, between experience
      and experiencer. It's all rolled into one. Pretty convenient!
      :-) There is no 'self'.
      Cuts down the mess. :-)

      Love,
      Judi
      ~~~~~~~~~

      There sure is a lot of fussing going on
      about something that doesn't exist.

      andrew
      ~~~~~

      That's because although it can't
      truthfully be said to exist,
      it most definitely can't be said to
      "not exist".

      Love,
      Dan

      MICHAEL & DAN

      M: So tell me...what is "experience"

      D: Experience is what's left
      after the wishing, hoping,
      and fearing are gone...

      M: You mean wishing, hoping,
      and fearing is "not" part of
      the experience?

      D: Well, Michael, they're ideas and
      what is an idea?

      Allow me to explain
      (not that anything is
      explainable):

      An idea is a reference to
      experience that really
      "has" no experience
      of its own.
      It's a construction based
      on memory and association.
      It's a composite structure
      that *seems* to have an
      experience to it.
      So intriguing to look into this:
      there is no such thing as
      conceptual experience,
      only the belief that there could
      be conceptual experience,
      and assorted reactions by which
      we convince ourselves
      that hopes, wishes, and fears
      *are* experiences.

      Don't you love it?
      We're convincing ourselves
      by our own reactions
      that there must be reality
      to the idea to which we're
      reacting...
      We react *as if* there's
      experience there.

      So, watch wishes, hopes, and
      anxieties vanish ... they're
      based nowhere on nothing...

      But, even when you're left with
      "nonconceptual experience" as is,
      the "experience that is presence"
      is that *reality itself*? Or
      is this the last remaining unreal
      distinction, a contrast
      between experience and nonexperience
      that has no basis?

      And when you no longer have
      a possible distinction between
      "experience as is" and
      "nonexperience that isn't"

      Experience and nonexperience
      vanish ...
      (No, you can't take my "experience",
      I depend on it, that's reality
      isn't it? "this experience"...!?)

      And as it vanishes...
      what's left? ....

      ... ??? ...
      ~~~~~~
      M:
      What's left is no thing.

      What's left is being.

      What's left is presence.

      What's left is memory.

      What's left is emotion.

      What's left is feeling.

      What's left is nothing but a memory,
      a concept, an idea of what was experienced,
      and the desire to do it again or avoid it like the
      plague...

      Consciousness...presence...can dissolve the
      illusion created by past experiences which appear
      real and feel real...yet they are just concepts that
      my mind has placed on the present experience
      based on the attitude taken in a previous experience.

      Thanks for the light Dan,

      Reality is what is before, during and after experience vanishes.

      Reality is the isness of life.

      Experience is the life situation we are in.

      Experience is the drama of life.

      Reality is the witness.

      Experience is the movie.

      Reality is the seer.

      Experience is an illusion.

      Reality is real.

      --Michael

      GLO

      Hold on a sec... Judi already did away with the experiencer, but left the experience.
      Now Dan does away with that.. so aren't we left with "all there is, is consciousness
      happening" (this must make Greg happy) ...seems the seer or witness is just a way of
      dressing up the experiencer in different clothes. Don't look now, but the entire
      world just went poof!

      Ok, Dan...experience is vanishing...so what is "reality"??? Tell me straight out.

      I'm the sort who walks out of the movie and explains how it couldn't really have
      happened that way, even to be consistent with the wacky premise of the movie, which I
      allow for...

      ~~~~~~~~~~~
      DAN "beyond experience"

      Glo, because I love you,
      I will explain what has
      no explanation, I
      will describe what
      has no description.

      What I say won't be correct,
      but as said out of
      love, will be acceptable ;-)

      The line between experience
      and non-experience isn't.
      Therefore, there is no
      basis to "be experiencing".

      Experience vanishes ...

      There is neither distinction
      nor oneness.
      There is neither now nor then.

      What is this like?

      It is not like anything.
      It is not here nor there.

      Ah, but for love I will say this
      untruth:

      It is your very being before you were,
      It is your very truth before you could be true,
      It is your newness before there was time.

      And of course, it isn't yours and it
      isn't you.
      So, try this:

      Without "I" nor "it", without existing