#3897 - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2010
      #3897 - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      [Sorry about the double issue on Monday, my mistake. -jk]

      Michael Gluckman's

      Best of the Blogs on Wisdom:

      http://www.light-up-your-life.com/BestOfTheBlogsOnWisdom.pdf

      Are You Sure Of Your Knowledge

      Self-knowledge is a unique and wonderful study. For instance if you study birds, you do not

      become the birds. If you study nuclear physics you do not become nuclear energy. But here you

      become the Self that you always are.

      Here knowledge and bliss pull you inward, while intolerance for limitation and suffering push

      you towards the source.

      Once you know that you can be free beyond your wildest dreams, and that suffering is not your

      normal state, I recommend that you challenge even the smallest amount of suffering and limita

      tion

      that you face. Why wait till later to gain your natural state of freedom?

      Some forms of suffering like those connected with the emotions can seem to hit you over the

      head. Other forms may seem to be subtler like golden chains instead of iron chains.

      I recommend that you look into even subtler forms of limitation like attachment to the intellect.

      That’s because even attachment to the intellect is a limitation compared to what you are. Remember

      you see your intellect. It is just an object in your Awareness and not you, because you

      are not an object.

      The intellect is the more definite part of your mind. It is the part that knows. It is the knowledge

      of mathematics, science, medicine, printing, and all of the other reserves of knowledge that

      dwell in your mind. When it comes to making decisions your emotions might hem and haw. But

      your intellect knows; it is decisive. With your intellect you are able to perceive a situation, sum

      up its parts, and decide the best path of action.

      For instance if you were president of the United States, you would listen to your advisors and

      your own preferences, weigh them, and make your decisions. This is the function of the intellect.

      If you are proud of your intellectual knowledge, you should know some of its limitations. First,

      it is possible to make the wrong decision. This alone can get you in lots of trouble. Just ask a

      recent president if you can.

      Secondly, relative knowledge is never complete. As people discover more information in your

      field, you constantly have to keep up with your learning so you don’t fall behind. This is a

      never-ending chore.

      And thirdly your mind can change. I know a brilliant scientist who holds many patents. But now

      he has Alzheimer’s disease. Now, it is as if all his knowledge is gone. Here’s a side note though;

      his love is still there.

      Now I love to read and learn new things. As long as I can in my life I will keep exploring and

      learning. The more I learn the more amazing I find this universe to be.

      But the fact that I know my knowledge as well as my ignorance, and that I see the changes that

      occur to my mind is even more fascinating. That’s because this indicates that I stand beyond the

      limitations of my intellect as the seer.

      So next we will talk about memory. Is it memory that provides the continuity that we experience

      in our life? Just continue to follow what I am saying as we trace Awareness back to its source

      where it is free of limitations.

      When we are done with this series of blogs, I hope that you will be standing at the summit of

      wisdom. That’s because you are that Awareness and not the limitations that you see. So please

      stay tuned. If you find this series of blogs helpful don’t forget to tell your friends.

      And of course, if you find yourself suffering or feeling limited in any way, just ask questions.

      Then when I talk about the mind, I can talk about the things that bother you, and about how you

      can be free. And of course your comments are always welcome. This blog is yours too. For more

      information go to www.light-up-your-life.com.

      Best Wishes For a Happy and Healthy New Years,

      Michael