#3893 - Saturday, May 15, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3893, Saturday, May 15, 2010

      The Moon of Your Love

      Not a single soul lacks
      a pathway to you.

      There's no stone,
      no flower -
      not a single piece of straw -
      lacking your existence.

      In every particle of the world,
      the moon of your love
      causes the heart
      of each atom to glow.

      - Muhammad Shirin Maghribi (1349 - 1406), English version by David & Sabrineh Fideler, posted to allspirit

      The Meaning of Love

      Both light and shadow
      are the dance of Love.

      Love has no cause;
      it is the astrolabe of God's secrets.

      Lover and Loving are inseparable
      and timeless.

      Although I may try to describe Love
      when I experience it I am speechless.

      Although I may try to write about Love
      I am rendered helpless;
      my pen breaks and the paper slips away
      at the ineffable place
      where Lover, Loving and Loved are one.

      Every moment is made glorious
      by the light of Love.

      - Rumi

      Overwhelming Delight

      Pay attention. Trust Life.
      You will eventually discover,
      with pure and overwhelming delight,
      that you are not separate from
      That which you are seeking.

      - Metta Zetty

      Understand perceive O beloved mind
      How can you slumber and be a Lover?
      Having received then share it all
      Or would you rather lose it possessing?
      If crumbs be all that you have to fare
      Does it matter if it is saltless or tasty?
      When eyes are loaded with deep sleep
      What is then the pillow and bedding?
      Says Kabir, such is the path of Love
      Why lose heart having committed yourself?

      - Kabir

      A Great Need

      Out
      Of a great need
      We are all holding hands
      And climbing.

      Not loving is a letting go.

      Listen,
      The terrain around here
      Is
      Far too
      Dangerous
      For
      That.
      - Hafiz

      Looking for your own face

      Your face is neither infinite nor ephemeral.
      You can never see your own face,
      only a reflection, not the face itself.

      So you sigh in front of mirrors
      and cloud the surface.

      It's better to keep your breath cold.
      Hold it, like a diver does in the ocean.
      One slight movement, the mirror-image goes.

      Don't be dead or asleep or awake.
      Don't be anything.

      What you most want,
      what you travel around wishing to find,
      lose yourself as lovers lose themselves,
      and you'll be that.

      - Attar