#3891 - Thursday, May 13, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 6:10 PM

      #3891 - Thursday, May 13, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      The question is not
      what you look at
      but what you see.

      - Henry David Thoreau

      posted to Along The Way

      Can't You See the Mighty Warrior?

      How often you ask,
      What is my path?
      What is my cure?
      He has made you a seeker of Unity,
      isn't that enough?

      All your sorrow exists for one reason -
      that you may end sorrow forever.
      The desire to know your own soul
      will end all other desires.

      The smell of bread has reached you -
      if that aroma fills you with delight
      what need is there for bread?
      If you have fallen in love,
      that love is proof enough;
      If you have not fallen in love,
      what good is all your proof?

      Can't you see? -
      If you are not the King
      what meaning is there
      in a kingly entourage?
      If the beautiful one is not inside you
      what is that light
      hidden under your cloak?

      From a distance you tremble with fear -
      Can't you see the mighty warrior
      standing ready in your heart?

      The fire of his eyes
      has burned away every veil,
      So why do you remain behind the curtain,
      scared of what you cannot see? -
      Open your eyes! The Beloved
      is staring you right in the face!

      If a master has not placed
      His light in your heart,
      What joy can you find in this world? -

      every flower is lifeless,
      and sweet wine has no taste.

      ~ Rumi ~

      (A Garden Beyond Paradise: The Mystical Poetry of Rumi,
      versions by Jonathan Star)

      When the Mind is Free of Grasping

      The outer world in all its variety and our inner world of thoughts and emotions are not as they seem. All phenomena appear to exist objectively, but their true mode of existence is like a dream: apparent yet insubstantial. The experience of emptiness is not found outside of the world of ordinary appearance, as many people mistakenly assume. In truth, we experience emptiness when the mind is free of grasping at appearance.
      - Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche

      Emptiness, then, is an adjectival quality of 'dharmas',
      not a substance which composes them. It is neither a thing
      nor is it nothingness; rather it refers to reality
      as incapable of ultimately being pinned down
      in concepts.

      - Nagarjuna

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      Some poems and photos by Alan Larus

      Here are three pages sort of belonging together.
      The first one has a picture I like very much, I found it on the web.
      It has the slide trombones : )

      http://www.ferryfee.com/Bluesky/Spring_cleaning.html