NDS highlights for Saturday, June 24

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2000
      CARLOS DWA:

      As a former invertebrate gamboller myself
      (oh those Elysian ejaculae days)
      I can attest to this and would add that
      I personally would never trust a guru
      who was more interested in my awakening than
      in getting into my pants. And I mean that
      from the bottom of my chakras. I leave it
      to you to discriminate one thing from another
      -- as for me I say, "If it feels good -- eat it.
      Or at least buy the cassette course."

      C Dwa
      Outer Fishboink, Republic of Datahaven

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      MARK:

      and the orgasm ripples out and settles down and now I understand that
      the sounds of birds and cars are not separate from the silence they are
      within the silence. no number of hearing these words will make this
      clear. only the experience will. it's quite nice

      DAVE:
      I am here in front of this screen. And if I raise
      my eyes, I can see that the only place that
      we are is here. Although clouded by the poor and
      limited sense of our past.

      Enlightenment is a personal quest. It is for those
      of you there.

      You find us here, and look up and you know now it is for
      THAT.

      May your enlightenment be for THAT.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      HARSHA quotes from the Avadhuta Gita:

      "Know the Self always to be everywhere, one and unintercepted.
      I am the meditator and the highest object of meditation.
      Why do you divide the Indivisible?"

      00oo00

      "Some seek nonduality, others duality.
      They do not know the Truth, which is the same at all times and
      everywhere,
      which is devoid of both duality and nonduality."

      00oo00

      "The Self certainly does not become pure through the practice
      of six-limbed yoga.
      It certainly is not purified by the destruction of the mind.
      It certainly is not made pure by the instructions of the teacher.
      It is Itself the Truth.
      It is Itself the illumined One"

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      DAN:

      Tiger, tiger, burning bright,
      in the forests of the night...

      Reach out your hand while
      I watch you catch time,
      or be lit on fire.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      DAN:

      What is remembered will never give What is present.
      Another's words are another's words.
      A rented tuxedo may look fine to some -
      but to me, nothing is better than
      your own birthday suit.
      Naked we are born, and reborn we are twice-naked.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      JUDI:

      I got our net buddy Wayne Liquorman's
      new book today called "Acceptance of What Is, A Book
      About Nothing". And in it he tells the story of his
      crash and his subsequent Understanding. His story is
      very similar to mine as it came upon quite suddenly
      with a broken love affair acting as the catalyst throwing
      us intensely to our depths, burning alive and rising
      out thru the ashes.

      Questioner: (to Wayne)
      Ramesh was asked in one of his books if he had received
      complete Grace. Not in that language, but basically
      he was asked "Are you enlightened?" And for the purposes
      of who or what asked the question he said "Yes". I
      would ask you the same question. Your body-mind mechanism,
      has it received that Grace?

      Wayne: There is Understanding here.

      Q: Well, I have understanding here.

      W: That's not the Understanding I'm talking about.
      :-)

      Q: That's what I'm asking.

      W: And that is what I'm answering. That is my story
      and I'm sticking to it. :-)

      Q: Where was this body-mind mechanism when this even
      or whatever happened?

      W: When the 'nonevent' happened? :-)

      Q: just curious, just curious.

      W: Well, here's the story...:-) I was in love with
      two women, and when I returned from India after seeing
      Ramesh...this was in 1989...both women came to me in
      the same week and each told me she loved me very much
      but she was clearing the field for the other. And
      when the second one came to tell me that, I was enormously
      saddened.

      Q: There was some cause...?

      W: No, this is the story. Pay close attention. You
      may have to do this. :-) So, when she came and tole
      me that she was going to have to leave me, even though
      she loved me very much, I started to feel a real heaviness,
      a profound sadness come up in me. And I started to
      cry. And this sadness started to grow. And it kept
      growing. I found myself starting to cry harder, and
      this deep, deep sadness kept coming over me, like waves
      were crashing on me. And finally I found myself falling.
      It literally felt like I was falling into a pit, a
      horrible dark abyss of pain. And my body was racked
      with sobs. And it had ceased to have anything to do
      with anything finite. I was just free falling into
      this pit of immense suffering...and it was growing
      blacker, and more painful and more horrendous by the
      second. I felt that I was falling into this pit of
      suffering that was all of the suffering that has ever
      existed. And then there was a letting go, a dissolution,
      a sense of merging, if you will, with this suffering.
      And there was the certainty that nothing could hurt
      me, because there was no 'me' to hurt...there was no
      separation any more. And the experience ebbed, and
      I stopped crying, and I thought, somebody's going to
      ask me about this, I better write this down. :-) And
      yet, part of that knowing is exactly what I've been
      saying all along...'literally nothing happened'. This
      Understanding was there all along. What fell away
      was an illusory veil, not something substantial. There
      was nothing that was changed at all. All was exactly
      as it always had been and ever would be. It was all
      perfect. It all just Was.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      CARLOS

      (c) Carlos Dwa 2000:

      Honey bees are able to communicate the location of food by means of a dance
      known as the mapping dance. After a bee locates food and returns to the
      hive he will dance in almost total darkness in the hive for other bees that
      are virtually blind (bees having a visual acuity of about 6000/20), after
      which the others will unfailingly make a bee line to the new food.

      It is also interesting to note that the mapping dances are done in dialect
      and most likely change over time. A bee from Europe will react to the
      mapping dance of a bee from China but it will not be able to find the food
      because the Chinese bee encodes information in their dance differently.

      This explains a lot, especially metaphorically, regarding the pursuit of
      awakening by means of conceptual mappings derived from exotic places or
      times. For the stuff of Consciousness is not informational or conceptual.
      It is not derived by means of rearrangement of neural connections or
      information. Though it is true that when this physical transformation
      occurs, when this enhanced processing of an enriched foodstuff begins, it
      will inevitably result in the generation of new information and in the
      augmentation of new neural connections but these are the products of this
      process, and it could almost he said "the waste products".

      It is understandable that people believe that the activities and insights
      that precede the realization of this other order of functioning leads to it,
      that "this is the way" or "that is the way", that "there are many ways but
      one goal" or that "there is only one way." While in fact there are no ways,
      and nothing leads to it -- quite simply because nothing is outside of it.
      All practices and techniques and methods of meditation or spirituality or
      prayer is all just busy work to keep one properly oriented until the
      physical reality of this enhanced functioning becomes apparent.

      What separates bees from men is the fact that bees can tell when they
      haven't found food. This is not necessarily true for men, especially
      regarding food of a higher nature. Men are entirely capable of believing
      that they have found food when they haven't. In fact men can believe that
      the mapping dance itself is the food.

      Humans are strange creatures.
      Their greatest strength is also
      their greatest weakness.

      Sig Wacca Jix, On Things Human

      as recapitulated by Carlos Dwa
      (c) Carlos Dwa 2000

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      MANUEL quotes
      RAMESH S. BALSEKAR

      "Silence doesn't mean not talking. Silence is silence of the mind. Silence
      is absence of questions, absence of thinking, true meditation."

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      "When the inquiring mind, intellectually creating problems, gradually comes
      to the understanding that the more problems it creates the more veils it
      creates between the Self and the understanding, then there is silence."

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      CARLOS DWA
      (c) Carlos Dwa 2000:

      Seeing it all before
      keeps you from seeing.

      If you've seen it all before
      you don't see anything.

      What you don't know
      is more important
      than what you do know.

      What you don't know
      is the greater part of
      what you know.

      What you don't know
      that you know
      is known
      by the greater you

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      More from CARLOS:

      Once a most sincere, which is to say totally deluded,
      seeker of enlightenment approached his master and said,
      "We have been beating around the bush for decades now.
      What you please just this once just come right out and tell me,
      what is the nature of human consciousness?"

      Now the master had the previous evening, through no fault of his own,
      been up late drinking and dancing and fucking far too much for a man of his
      age and above and beyond all this had eaten too much pizza with various
      toppings that are only put on top of pizza in regions which really have no
      understanding of pizza. Because of all this, or perhaps not, he turned to
      the no longer young aspirant and said,

      "It's like water with a 9 on it
      and it longs for the future."