#3879 - Saturday, May 1, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3879, Saturday, May 1, 2010

      Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.

      - Rabindranath Tagore, posted to The_Now2

      Inside this new love, die.
      Your way begins on the other side.
      Become the sky.
      Take an axe to the prison wall.
      Escape.
      Walk out like someone suddenly born into color.
      Do it now.
      You're covered with thick clouds.
      Slide out the side. Die,
      and be quiet. Quietness is the surest sign
      that you've died.
      Your old life was a frantic running
      from silence.

      The speechless full moon
      comes out now.

      ~Rumi... who else?

      "the speechless full moon.."

      god, he's good.

      - dg, with the help of Rumi, posted to DailyDharma

      There is no such thing as a person. There are only restrictions and limitations. The sum total of these defines the person.

      Children are living beings
      - more living than grown-up people,
      who have built shells of habit around themselves.
      Therefore it is absolutely necessary
      for their mental health and development
      that they should not have
      mere schools for their lessons,
      but a world whose guiding spirit is personal love.

      - Rabindranath Tagore, posted to The_Now2

      A newborn baby is the purest form of a human being. This purity remains until the baby understands me/mine, you/yours.

      - Baba Hari Dass, from Silence Speaks, posted to AlongTheWay

      The ocean billowed, and lo!
      Eternal Wisdom appeared
      And cast forth its voice and cried out . . .
      That was how it was and became.
      The ocean was all filled with foam
      and every fleck of this foam
      Produced a figure like this,
      and was a body like that,
      and every body-shaped fleck
      that heard a sign from that sea,
      It melted and then returned
      into the ocean of souls . . .

      - Rumi, translation by Annemarie Schimmel, from I Am Wind, You are Fire, posted to Sunlight